Call of Duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty?

Okay, so his name is Jose and we met a little short than a year ago.

One random day (I don't even remember which) I decided to get on Call of Duty and play for a little bit. I ended up getting to a game where I met him. NORMALLY I don't get involved in the game chat because being a girl I get harassed a lot. But, I had been playing with a friend that day and so I was feeling up to talking in the game chat. That's when I got into a game where he was playing and we always joke about the first thing he said to me... which was him asking if I was a boy or a girl... Jokingly I said I was boy because I'm often mistaken for a little boy but eventually I told him I was a girl and that's really how it started. He sent me a friend request on xbox and I accepted it. One of the things we find so amazing is that how everything happened by chance; how we both decided to play call of duty, how we both ended up on the same match, same team. How I decided to actually talk on game chat and also since I make COD videos I don't normally accept friend request (because I get a million!) but that day I decided to accept it.

Initially when we met there wasn't really an attraction, we talked while we played and it was a good time, but not enough for me to want more. So for about a month straight I didn't even get on xbox, and he wasn't even a thought in my mind. BUT then the new COD Black Ops came out, and we both ended up getting the game the first day and when I got on, he sent me an invite to play with him and his friend. I can honestly say it was one of the best times of my life. I spent the next 8 hours playing with them, and just getting lost in how fun I was having talking to him, and making jokes and all of that other stuff.

The night came to an end, and I had to say good bye, but it was the first time in many years that I couldn't get the smile off my face! I was so happy. Half a month earlier, my dad had passed away, and a few years before I had lost my first love. Every day after my dad had passed I felt so lost with out the two of them. I cried almost every night. It was a hard time for me, having transferred to a new college and not making new friends and the misfortune that fell upon me. Only 3 days before I met Jose, I was writing in my journal, wishing and praying that I die myself or I find my soul mate. I knew the same day I 'really' met him that it was no coincidence. I know some people don't believe in these kinds of things, but to me he's a miracle.

Every day after the two of us would play Call of Duty late into the night. Sometimes it would be with his friends, and sometimes it would be just the two of us. When it was just the two of us it was the best because we could talk on a more personal level. Although there was nothing going on between us, we didn't even confront it, there was obviously something there. I was happy to talk to him, there was never a dull moment.

At one point he told me his age and I was crushed... I had recently turned 21 and he was 16. I was sad deep down, but I felt like there was nothing more that was ever going to happen to us. I was convinced that we would stay friends, play COD for a month or two, and then go our separate ways. So I didn't let myself get sad over it for those reasons. But about a month after we had talked everyday over xbox live, I ended up convincing him to give me his cell phone number so I could text him when I was desperate to talk to him, when we weren't on xbox.

Texting didn't take on right away, not until a month later when we were getting closer and reaching that point where something should be said about the feelings we have (because NOTHING had been mentioned yet, despite the obvious signs) or we just kind of end it. So I ended up telling him my feelings for him, that I liked him and he replied to me saying the same thing and telling me exactly what about me that he liked so much. Even after sharing our feelings, we still werent in a relationship. Two of the reasons being our age, and the distance.

I told myself that if he was to ask me out that I would probably say no because I didn't think I would be able to handle the circumstances. As much as I liked him, I didn't want to ruin what we had. Ultimately though, he never asked me out but our relationship got more and more serious. We started acting as if we really were a couple, and at some points it led to minor fights. I don't even remember what they were about, but when ever we did fight we would stop talking to eachother for awhile (like a whole day lol) and I couldn't stand being away from him so I would text him asking if he wasn't talking to me anymore, but he would always reply that he still was and we would talk about the fight but never really say we were sorry. Some how it got resolved though and things would be fine the next day.

By about April/May is when we had reached the height of our pre-relationship. I was definitely in love with him, and I wasn't sure he felt the same way, but I knew that he for sure had feelings for me. We would actually fight a lot, and we fought for stupid reasons but it was due to the fact that we were both frustrated with our relationship. So after one really bad fight, we had made up... but we started arguing AGAIN shortly after. That night, when we got off the phone (both of us were upset), I was thinking to myself, 'what's the point in talking to him if were not going to be together? all we do is fight so why be friends?'

So I texted him, asking if he wanted more out of the relationship. We had discussed, subtly, about relationships but never mentioned that we should be in one. After clearing up to him what I meant by that, he told me that, 'Yeah, I want more. I want you to be my girlfriend so bad, what about you?' and I was like 'Yeah I definitely do!' so after more exchanges of the texts (which just made my heart want to explode) we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend! But ultimately what I wanted to know was if he loved me or not, and he said that he wasn't sure but he feels like he could one day. Although I was a little sad at the response, I was happy none the less that we were finally official after all the shenanigans.

About a week or so later, we ended up getting in another argument (keep in mind, our arguments are really dumb and have no valid reasoning behind them, and we usually make up the next hour) and we got off the phone somewhat resolved but a little upset. I was crying of course because I was sad, but he texted me shortly after we got off the phone saying a bunch of stuff and FINALLY telling me that he loved me. I almost threw up I was so happy, and of course I texted him back telling him the same thing.

Ever since that day (May 5th) we have been so happy together, except for this summer which was the first and biggest challenge we were going to have to face. We talked almost all day for a month straight, until I had to go work at a summer camp which was a 24 hour job for me. It took up ALL of my time, and I got to talk to him 3-4 times a week, for an hour or two at a time. It was not enough at all for us, not to mention he was in a bad relationship before me and because of it he had trust issues. It made him jealous, and he would worry about me cheating on him with guys at camp. Because of things like that, we would fight alot, and be sad almost all the time we talked. We even talked about breaking up like 3 times (we actually did for like 5 minutes lol) because of how much we were upset, but both of us knew that it was because of our situation and the little amount of time we had with eachother. We loved eachother enough though to say that we were going to get through it, and we were determined to not let my job come between us.

After about 2 months of work, I ended up quitting 4 weeks early. I know it sounds crazy, but I wanted to spend more time with Jose. I was sad all day long at work, missing him, thinking about him and thinking about how I just didn't want to fight with him anymore. So I quit my job, and since then the two of us had nothing but time to talk to eachother.

Our love for eachother is so great, and so deep. I'm reminded of how much he means to me, that there's no conditions. We both come from different classes (rich and poor) different races (mexican and white) different places, different ages. We hardly have ANYTHING in common. We're sincerely two different people. But when it comes to the two of us, we just laugh and joke and cry and everything else with eachother. We always talk about the things that we have to face when it comes to dealing with society. We have to keep our relationship a secret. I mean, there are people who know about it, but they don't know about the age difference, and if they do, it's a lie. Anyone who knows, knows that it's a long distance one TEMPORARILY, they think that we met at my college, and that he's away for the summer.

But we both know eventually the truth will have to surface, and we say that no matter what anyone says, we always still have eachother. For me, my biggest fear is that being an older girl, dating a younger guy is pretty taboo. I know for him it's not as difficult for that reasons because he's dated older girls in the past, but for me this is something new.

And just today, we made an official date to see each other! He's going to be here the weekend before halloween, and we both cant wait! We were planning on seeing eachother sometime soon, and it feels good to finally have a date set.

I'm so grateful to have him in my life. Somedays are really tough, as I'm sure everyone knows, wishing that he could be here, and do things with me. We want to be able to sleep in the same bed and kiss and all this other stuff, and I think that's what were looking forward to the most, is just finally being able to be next to eachother.

I will keep people updated if you want to know what happens when we meet!

More likely to be called a "Call of Love" xD It seems like there are pretty many couples on LFAD who met through games (either MMORPGs or other types). The age difference doesn't make any difference as long as you get along well and you love each other. Good luck for the first time you'll see each other

Comment

Best of luck on your first meeting My SO and I actually met playing Halo 3, but we're big call of duty fans ourselves haha so our meeting and getting to know each other was somewhat similar to yours lol
      You never forget your first love...

Comment

Thanks I can't wait to meet him in person! We've been planning EVERY detail. And I'm actually surprised to see another couple from a FPS game. Video games actually aren't a big part of our relationship. We both came to the conclusion that the only reason why we got on to play was so that we could talk to each other, (even though we never would admit it until 7 months later) we didn't really care about playing at all.

Comment

I also met my SO on a MMORPG (World of Warcraft)...and ironically, there's a large age difference, too. He's 21 and I'm 34. I agree with you about the "older woman" view of society. It's always hard to tell how people will react when they find out the age difference. My family supports me, they just want to see me happy. My best friend - not so much. I don't think she takes our relationship seriously. Due in part to the fact that I met him online, but also because of his age. My friends and co-workers innocently tease me but it doesn't make the situation any easier. Bottom line - are you happy? Is he happy? Yes? Then, that's what matters.

It sounds like it was perfect timing for you to meet him. I wish the best for the two of you.

Comment

i love this story!!!! <3 mainly becuz my boyfriend is mexican too and im white(: i met my SO on facebook though, and im very young (14) please tell me how ur visit goes ? these little stories help me since im young ! i need stories 2 give me hope and motivation to not give up <3.... anyways really sweet story and i wish u luck on ur visit peace, love, and joy <3
            (luis&victoria<38/8/11<3)

Comment

I know what you mean about being female and playing on COD, I get chat up all the time by random guys :L Although i have made a few good friends on there My friend actually met my SO through an online game - seems thats how a lot of people meet people
              Cuteeeee story Goood luck with it all!

Comment

Aww thanks everyone!

Yeah, being the OLDer women in the relationship is tough. I've never actually 'came out' about it to anyone but when him and I do, I only hope that everyone is as accepting as I would be.

Tori, I wish you the best with you and your SO I hope everything works out just the way you want!

And Xanahtas, lol COD is a great place to make a whole bunch of guy friends. Although, I can't say I have made any deep friendships there... (except for Jose of course). Most of the people I play with are people I work with or people I've met on other games. And I don't usually run into girls, but when I do I'm always sizing myself up to other female players as I can get REALLY competitive.

Comment

Working...
                X