High School Sweethearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Sweethearts

I try often not to speak about my past, due to the fact that before I met my SO it's not exactly bright, but it's actually where we began. So bare with me through the first part before we actually get to the happiness.
    Through eighth grade and the beginning of my freshman year of high school I was actually in a "serious" relationship. Only I didn't exactly want to be in that relationship. My SO at that time was two years older than me, and to say the least not even remotely friendly. I was young and naive and didn't really know what a relationship was suppose to be like, so I ended up being with a guy who took advantage of me and used me as his personal punching bag for over a year. It took him trying to force me in to sex to leave him, but with the support of my friends that I made my freshman year, I got away.

January 8, 2008: With 2 bruised ribs and crutches for a near broken ankle from my ex, my friend who I always called my Teddy Bear, due to the fact he's twice my size and always greeting everybody with a smile, brought me my lunch and decided that it was time for me to start a new leaf and meet new people. Which he then grabbed my cell phone from hand, opened up a text message and saved a draft with an Aim screen name in it. His exact orders and words, "When you get home tonight you will send this guy an IM and introduce yourself. Or I'll do it for you, my little Bunny." (The odd nickname is the fact I have a tendency to scrunch my nose when I'm either confused or grossed out. Haha.) Add in the fact he says this with the biggest grin, and his rosy cheeks only makes it even more humorous to me. But, after an entire period of protesting, I had yet to win.

That night, I got home from school and took a seat at my computer, Aim popped up on my window and his screen name staring at me in the online section. Nervous wasn't even beginning to say how I felt. Nonetheless, I double clicked and popped open a new IM window, and here begins our journey. My very first IM to him ever, "Hey, this is Megg, the freshman that you were told about."

Was there any possible way I could have sound cheesier? Probably, but I so wasn't going to think about that in that moment. To say the least though, my embarrassment actually worked for me. That night we were up till almost 3 A.M. talking, even with school the very next morning. How long did we talk? 6 hours. And it went that way every single night for a week, and we had yet to even meet or see each other at school. That night we ended up learning that our two older brothers are actually best friends, so to say that it was surprising we hadn't met yet was an understatement. And we also got to know each other period, due to the amazing game that is 21 questions. :]

I guess it's safe to say that we met through the internet, with the divine intervention of a mutual friend with intentions of giving us both more than a new friendship.

January 15, 2008: The day that we finally met in person.: To say the least, I was still on crutches, and still tender to the touch, but that was actually the first day I ever woke up excited to go to school in a long time. I remember putting on a green t-shirt, blue jeans, and a black jacket, despite how painful it was, it felt nice to actually feel pretty. I stood by the door, freezing for twenty minutes, waiting for him to show up, and the grin on my face was enough to make my cheek bones hurt. The first thing he even said to me, "Wow. I didn't expect you to look even more beautiful than your pictures." Yeah, I gushed in that moment. More so when he hugged me, around my waist barely letting his hands touching me. Which to say the least threw me off because I had yet to tell anyone but my closest friends what had happened, and no one in school had an idea.

That morning though while we waited for the bell, he stood with me, saying his friends could wait, and talked all morning. Only then did we make plans with a few of our common friends to go to the mall on the eighteenth because we had early release for the start of a new grading period, and because it could "celebrate my finally being able to walk" again.

The next three days that passed led to us spending time together every morning, him sending me cute text messages on how special I was, and talking on aim every single night. Yet, neither one of us had any idea that we liked each other. Blinded by "love" is definitely an understatement.

January 18, 2008: The Set Up.: Going to school the next day, he was actually driving me home from school and my Speech Team meeting and picking me up for the mall trip we had planned. In lunch, our very last period, I was standing in line with a few of my friends when he came up from behind, hugging me, and saying "Boo" in my ear. His news: All of our friends had conveniently not been able to come to the mall with us, and he wanted to make sure I was okay just going with him. Of course I said yes. I would have been crazy not to. :]

Finally, after the meeting ended, we met up in the hall and he walked us out to his car, and to my surprise, unlocked my side of the car first, only to open and close my door for me, and did a repeat of his actions when we finally reached my house. Then a few hours later we were on our way to the mall. And once were in is where the true relationship started.

The entire time we were holding hands, or he was putting his arms around me, not to mention when my ankle started to hurt he gave me a piggy back ride and carried me in moments. That's when we finally decided that I needed a break and we sat down on a bench together, and right across from us was a Dip N' Dots machine. In which he went up and bought a package. What I didn't expect him to remember is that my favorite flavored ice cream is cotton candy, which is exactly what he bought. :]

After not letting me go throw the package away, he came back, wrapping his arms around my shoulder, placing his forehead against mine. I swear, I was surprised I even heard him ask me, "Will you go out with me?" because I was so lost in his eyes. Managing a yes, we kissed for the first time, and to keep security from harassing us, we continued our time in the mall, never once breaking the hold we hand one another, whether was by hand or by wrapping our arms around each other.

On the drive home, I finally drew up the nerve to ask him about the day we first met, and as to why he barely touched me when he hugged me. Ironic timing was the red light we hit. He laid his back against the head rest, and looked at me with this deep frown that told me he knew, though how he knew is what shocked me. "I got to know you, a lot better than I know anybody, from the way we talked that week. You had a guard up, and the way you talked about wanting time off from dating, knowing you had been with someone for over a year. It wasn't hard to figure out. He didn't treat you right. And when I met you in person. You flinched when I went to touch you. So, I took the time to look at you while we talked. You had bruises right on your hip bones. And there was a faint purple mark on your collarbone you barely covered. You couldn't hide it from me like everyone else, because I got to know you like no one else did." Scary fact is, he was right. And I came to find out he knew my ex. How? He was a friends with a girl my ex dated and used as a punching bag too.

The world is a lot smaller than we think.

February 14: Valentines day. The day of romance and happiness. Or for my SO and I, the day he proposed. :] It was not something that you would read about in an epic romance novel by Nicholas Sparks or something that you would see on a Lifetime Movie. But, if you knew us, it is definitely no surprise.

That night I was laying between his legs, my head resting on his chest and he had his arms wrapped around my shoulders, with a blanket covering up our legs. We were watching some random movie, ironically on Lifetime, when out of the blue he literally asked, "Will you marry me?"

I remember tilting my head to look up at him with the biggest grin on my face, and he had his trademark smirk like smile that always had me melting, and his eyes were so bright, and all I could say was, "Are you serious?"

He kissed my forehead, grinning all the while and told me, "I would never just ask you that for the hell of it."

So with a small laugh and the grin never leaving my face I answered him with a "Yes," while he sealed the deal with a kiss.

Present day: My SO and I are now both graduated from high school, he two years earlier than me. I just graduated this year. We got married before my graduation, and he left for basic for the Navy. As of right now we are both on the process of closing the distance, and we are planning on starting a family the second that distance is fully closed. :]<3

We are "To Be Continued..."

First of all, "awwww". It's so wonderful to hear that you found your prince charming after such a terrible experience, and it's so wonderful that he knew you so well right from the start.
    Thank you for sharing this story, I wish you both the very best

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Thank you soo much for sharing your story! It gives me so much more motivation to patiently wait until i get to see my SO again. She's my first girlfriend, and also my last! our first love will never die. I'm happy you found such an incredible guy that will treat you how you deserve to be treated! I found it really nice knowing that he can understand certain things without having to bring them up, Kinda like me ^^ hehe. I wish you guys the bestest best of luck. And thanks again for another inspirational story I enjoyed reading! ! !
      My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
      Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
      Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
      Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
      Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
      Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
      Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
      Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
      Tobby: Addict!
      Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
        First of all, "awwww". It's so wonderful to hear that you found your prince charming after such a terrible experience, and it's so wonderful that he knew you so well right from the start.
        Thank you for sharing this story, I wish you both the very best
        Thank you. :]
        I wish you and your SO nothing but the very best as well. :]

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by Tobby View Post
        Thank you soo much for sharing your story! It gives me so much more motivation to patiently wait until i get to see my SO again. She's my first girlfriend, and also my last! our first love will never die. I'm happy you found such an incredible guy that will treat you how you deserve to be treated! I found it really nice knowing that he can understand certain things without having to bring them up, Kinda like me ^^ hehe. I wish you guys the bestest best of luck. And thanks again for another inspirational story I enjoyed reading! ! !
        Well, if you ever just need to talk. Feel free to send me a message. :]
        Thank you, :] I'm glad you found it to be motivational in making your relationship with your SO work.
        I wish you both nothing but the best. :]

Comment

Aaah, that story was incredibly sweet!! I'm so happy that you found someone amazing after what you went through at such a young age. Good luck with closing the distance

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
            Aaah, that story was incredibly sweet!! I'm so happy that you found someone amazing after what you went through at such a young age. Good luck with closing the distance
            I honestly couldn't have asked for anyone better. Or want for that matter. :]
            Thank you, and I wish you nothing but the best with your LDR. :]

Comment

I love stories like that....My SO is two years older than me too right now. I'm finishing my last year in high school and he's in college. It's nice to know that it CAN work. Best of luck and saftey with him being overseas.
              You're last line killed me: "We are to be continued" It almost made me start crying

Comment

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
                I love stories like that....My SO is two years older than me too right now. I'm finishing my last year in high school and he's in college. It's nice to know that it CAN work. Best of luck and saftey with him being overseas.
                You're last line killed me: "We are to be continued" It almost made me start crying
                Any relationship can work as long as both people are trying. Always remember that. :] And my best piece of advice I can honestly tell you is if you ever start arguing to immediately just say that you don't want to fight, that you'd rather talk it out. Any time we have some sort of spat that's the first thing one of us always does. Unlike a lot of high school relationships we've never broken up once, never took a break, and we've never had a real argument because we never let any sort of disagreement escalate beyond it being a disagreement. It really does help keep the bond strong. :]

I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it though. :] I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your future and your relationship. :]

Comment

Working...
                X