Simba & Nala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simba & Nala

So my best friend happens to be the guy I'm in love with and working on a relationship with. We have a long history and a long story that starts back with my freshman year in high school.

I was dating this guy (we'll call him Charlie) my freshman year. His ex-girlfriend was dating Doug (my best friend). Well Charlie and I broke up, but Doug and I had that indirect connection. So he became my teaching assistant for a communications class. We chatted once and a while but we weren't that close. His then girlfriend and I had a class together and one day she offered to drive me home. Doug came along with us that day. He and I instantly hit it off talking the Marines because he was going in and I wanted to. Well his girlfriend kept butting in and he eventually told her that she had no idea what she was talking about, so she was silent while we talked. It may seem rude but seriously, she had no idea what she was talking about. A little while later they broke up and she went on a crazy rampage trying to sleep with his brother and stuff. I yelled at her for that. That was the end of my freshman year.

Towards February of my sophomore year, Doug read a comment I had posted on his wall from while he was in boot camp a few months before. He posted his phone number on my wall. So we started texting back and forth. It was funny because he thought I was a totally different girl he was friends with that had the same name. About a day later he realized I was a different person and felt horrible, but I let it go. We started joking around and texting pick up lines back and forth. It was insane! I had so much fun and I looked forward to his texts each morning. Soon after I brought up the idea of us having a relationship and he was all for it. We were so excited for him to come home in April for Easter. Months passed by so slowly.

The night he was supposed to get back, my friend and I said we were staying at each others houses so our parents didn't know we were going over to his house to wait for him. Well, his mom decided to have someone kick us out because according to her "we were too young". That really made me mad but we left and had to sneak back into my house. His flight got in an hour late and he called me when he got off the plane. He asked me if I wanted to get lunch tomorrow since it didn't work out with me seeing him that night. I agreed to it. The next day he didn't text me AT ALL. I was so mad. I finally texted him in the afternoon asking why he and his friend bailed on my friend and I. He said that I was "too young" to understand in which case I totally was furious with him. Finally Sunday, I explained to him that I didn't deserve what he was doing. He said that's true, I said I just want to see you, even if it's for a few minutes. I waited at the park for three hours for him from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, it was so dark out. He had said he needed to get his haircut. He did and finally showed up. We walked out to the field we were at while his buddy stayed in his car for a few. We got out there and talked, I grabbed his keys when he dropped them and wouldn't give them back so we jokingly started wrestling. Which then ended up with us kissing. It was the most amazing kiss in the world. We walked back to the car because he had to be somewhere soon, he told me to come get my present from his house so I followed him there. He grabbed the USMC PT pants and brought them to me. We both realized after that, that we were covered in goose poo because the field we were on apparently wasn't clean. It was hilarious. I kissed him one last time and left. I found out from his ex that texted me, that the two of them had kissed when he was home. I confronted him about it. He said that we weren't in an OFFICIAL relationship so it didn't matter. After he got off the plane, he texted me saying he was sorry and didn't mean it. Later he messaged me online saying the same thing and talking about how he missed me now.

Months went by and we had some issues because his mom kept trying to keep us apart. It was working. Well, he went to train in Virginia for a few weeks. During training a vehicle flipped and killed one of his fellow Marines. We had barely talked before that, his roommate and I had been talking pretty frequently. I was trying to ensure that Doug was alright. He called me later that night and said that his buddy told him if he found the right girl, he would want to travel the world with her. He said I was that girl. The next day he said he took it all back. Funny thing is, this type of behavior was going on for weeks because he was unhappy and had been drinking a little bit. He yelled at me a few nights later about how I would never understand his lifestyle (I had become friends with almost everyone in his platoon, we were all close, and I helped them all with relationships and their daily stress). He came home in June for vacation. I drove him home and I gave him an engraved dog tag I had made for him. He thought it was great, I was asking about us trying again (someday, not right then). He started yelling saying no, not a chance. I was too young. That night as I dropped him off, his roommate texted me telling me that he was in love with me. That was hard for me because I didn't want to hurt this guy. So when I got home we talked about it and eventually decided to date. My best friend didn't know, even when he was living with the guy, we video chatted a lot but he didn't catch on. In August before they went to Mojave Viper training, my boyfriend at the time asked me to marry him. I left it open-ended but we still discussed it now and again. In September, a month before the guys were supposed to deploy, my boyfriend and I got into a fight. He decided to go out and drink with my best friend's mom and my best friend's other mother like figure. That ended poorly and he cheated with one of them. While I sat there blaming myself and crying to Doug hoping that my boyfriend didn't do something stupid, he found out what my boyfriend had done. I finally fell asleep at 4 am when my boyfriend got back from the hotel. My best friend told him to tell me or he would. So my boyfriend called me and told me. I forgave him. He came to visit me on pre-deployment leave. My best friend was home as well. Somehow he got his jaw broken by some dude in some kind of fight, my boyfriend and I went to see him. Late October, they all deployed. This was my junior year. On my 5 month anniversary with my boyfriend, I got into a car crash with this guy (we'll call him M). M and I were really close and hung out a lot over the next few months.

Christmas came around and I hung out with Doug, we made amazing cookies with chocolate and peanut butter then homemade mac and cheese. We watched the "Lion King" and he asked me if he could have had a second chance if he would have simply asked for one like my boyfriend did. I said yes. He said he should have because he was in love with me. I asked why, he said, "because you're the only one who ever stood by me. I fell in love with you and your personality for that." After Christmas my boyfriend didn't call me for months. When he did I had heard from everyone else he was going to break up with me. So I ended it and gave Doug the option. He said not now. I told him he was going to blow this chance. He did and M asked me out. We started dating (it lasted almost two years). We had an awesome time and I saw Doug every time he was home, from him throwing me in the pool fully clothed to falling asleep talking with a group of people. M and I were close but he always let his friends treat me like shit, call me names, put their hands on me, it was not a good situation. So M went to USMC boot camp (of course, we meet in a car crash and he wants to go in). I hung out with my best friend who has been through multiple bad relationships since me, they meant nothing and I had to dump the girls for him because he didn't want to. We always were there for each other. He hated M because M started getting verbally pushy with me. So M and I broke up out of boot camp. Doug and I had a falling out. A few months later M and I got back together for a few months. By June of this year M dumped me because he didn't like the fact that I didn't like his friends even though they treated me like crap and because he didn't ever trust me (when I gave him no reason not to). So now I'm pushing to get things back on track with my best friend and get our relationship going. I love him more than anything for the past four years that we have had together now as best friends. He's madly in love with me and nothing has ever come between us, no guy and no girl. So it's been a relationship in the making. He is currently on a Marine Expeditionary Unit around the world hopefully getting back soon. We're trying to make it work and it's been the best four years of my life even with all the heartache. Now I'm in college and I can't wait to start my life with him. He turned around and did so much for me, from holding me when I fell apart, to showing me that he will never leave my side, that's trust enough for me. I also am writing a book on Marine Corps relationships from ALL of my experiences with it. Pure and simple, he's my Simba and I'm his Nala

The End

Aww, me and my SO call each other Simba and Nala too hehe :3 What a cute story! ^.^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Comment

Aw That's awesome, they are very lovable characters!

Comment

Working...
      X