Poophead and Prettyface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poophead and Prettyface

It all began in 2009 around October or November; I was a single girl and loving the freedom. I'd recently been in a relationship with a guy who was rude, condescending and an all-around a-hole. He smoked weed, he drank like a fish and the only redeeming quality he had was a smile that could melt the most solid heart. Needless to say, I was 3 months into enjoying my newfound independence when a conversation with a good friend set the path for me to find the man of my dreams.

We were talking about the usual: music, TV, school etc etc, when he mentioned a local band I should check out. This friend lives in Champaign, IL and I at the time lived in a small podunk town in the middle of West Virginia. Anyway, me being the music junkie I am, I decided to check them out. I loved local, small town bands. The band was called Eureka Sky and had an indie feel to them, I really was digging it. About a week later, I decided to add the lead singer on Facebook, mostly because i thought it was hot, and because I wanted to say I knew someone in a really good band. (haha) I ended up writing on his Facebook wall and we talked music and shows and about where I lived and whatnot, when I randomly got a friend request from a guy named Rob. I was a little unsure of who it was, but Mike, the lead singer, assured me it was the band's drummer and that he was a really chill, really great guy.

I accepted.

And that was a turning point in my life. I'll forever be grateful to my friend in Champaign, and to Mike for this. Rob was dating someone at the time, but we talked anyway. I was interested in another guy at my school anyway; Rob was just a guy to talk to at the time. After about a month of talking via Facebook once every week or so, Rob's girlfriend at the time broke up with him, and we started talking more and more. It grew from once or twice every other day to nearly everyday to the point where it was weird if we didn't talk that day.

I found out he was going to school in Chicago, but his family and friends and band were in Champaign. He was in school for Music Education. I told him I was attending WVU in the fall to continue my education from my last school. I'd graduated with an Associated degree in Animal Science and now I was switching to Journalism. We were both awed at the other's accomplishments and where the other wanted to go in life. We couldn't get enough of talking to each other. Both of us were even going as far as getting caught texting the other in class and getting in trouble, but it was totally worth it. We talked on the phone for hours at a time into the early morning hours.

At the end of March 2010, he took a trip with his best friend to Columbia. Like South America, Columbia. He was teaching kids down there how to play music. I didn't realize how much I really liked him until then. Until he was on the other side of the world and I didn't get to hear his voice for a week ish. I couldn't even text him. It was MISERABLE. I had to just wait until he got a chance to get to a computer so he could Facebook me. The day I heard his voice again was to amazing. I was so happy. I couldn't remember the last time I'd been that happy in my life. I think at that point I knew he was something special. So I made plans to go see him.

He was doing an indoor percussion competition and would be in Dayton OH, and I knew that this was my only chance. So on April 16, 2010, with the help of my good friend Justin, I booked a hotel and we jumped his car to drive 7 hours into Ohio. I'm still forever grateful to Justin for doing this for me. (he's gay, so he didn't feel all awkward ahah) I was only spending a night there, but I knew it'd be worth it. I just knew it. Rob was too special for it to not work out. I was going against everything, my family and my schoolwork to drive and see this boy I had never met a day in my life.

We arrived at around 8 in the evening -- just before dark. Justin and I went into our motel room and put all our stuff down and I texted Rob to let him know I was here. I booked a motel room just up the road from the hotel he was at, so he could just walk to see me. When I got the "I'm on my way over" text, my heart started racing. I obsessively redid my makeup and probably drove Justin crazy in the 10 minutes it took Rob to walk over: "Does my hair look okay?" "Should I change outfits?" "Which shoes should I wear?" "Do I have pit stains?" "Do I smell okay? Are you sure?"

We had the window open and I heard footsteps outside the window and I looked over and saw Rob standing outside the window, smiling. He waved and I leapt off the bed and I'm pretty sure I made it to the door in one bound. I flung it open and threw myself into his arms, knocking him back a few steps. I remember my first thought being, "He smells good."

I looked up in his face he had the most nervous expression I think I'd ever seen. He didn't know what to do, I think. In my normal fashion, I started rattling on about the trip here and how many times Justin's driving almost killed us and how we got lost once and blah blah blah. Rob stood there nervously, nodding at the appropriate times but the look in his eyes never faded and never faltered.

We hung out the rest of the night and I met some of his friends and we snuck into a truck-loading bay to look around and basically just talked a lot.

A LOT.

Around 3:30 we decided to go to inside and hang with Justin. We laid down under the blankets and snuggled. It was amazing. His touch was like nothing I'd ever known before. It gave me goose bumps and made me feel so safe and warm. The only thing that could make the night better would be a kiss. Something I’d been dying to do since I’d been there. And I’d been giving him plenty of chances but I don’t think he was quite getting the hint.
    So as we lay there, and his breathing slowed both as he drifted off, I decided it needed to happen now. So I rolled over and looked at him.

“Rob,” I whispered, “Wake up.”

“I am awake,” he grumbled sleepily, opening his eyes.

“Kiss me.”

And after hesitating, he very gently pressed his mouth to mine and everything in the world seemed to stop. I swear it did. It was the best kiss o my life and I knew that nothing could ever compare to that kiss. Never. I molded against him and never wanted to stop. When we finally came up for air, he looked at me and the look in his eyes said it all. We were both virgins at the time, so it didn’t escalate into anything else, but I was more than okay with that.

That night was perfect. So perfect.

The morning, however, was not.

I had to leave by 11, so we were up at 9 and mostly just stayed in bed and watched Saturday morning cartoons until Justin was ready to leave. I’ll admit, I cried A LOT when I left him. It was weird. A guy I had just met had me bawling because I didn’t know when I’d see him next. He looked a little upset too, but I think he was being strong for me.

“I’m scared,” I told him, as we stood outside Justin car as I prepared to leave.

“We’re gonna figure this out and we’re gonna make it work. I like you, a lot. Don’t be scared.” He whispered to me, amid the shower of kisses on my face and my lips.

I got in the car after a final kiss and Rob waved then started to walk back to his hotel. I swear I saw him wipe his eyes as he walked. I tried my best to keep my composure as I slid into the driver’s seat of Justin’s car and pulled out. I started to pull out of the parking lot when Rob jumped in front of the car. I stopped and he ran to my window. There were the telltale streaks on his face from tears and before I could say anything, he leaned in my open window and gave me the most amazing kiss I’d ever had. Even better than the first.

I left after that, and went back home. A few days later on April 22nd, Rob and I made it official and we’ve been going strong ever since. I’m planning on moving there in March or April 2013, after I finish up my school.

He’s my treasure. He’s the light of my life. I couldn’t imagine my life without him. Rob has been with me through thick and thin and he has helped me through all the trust and security issues I have.

He’s my poophead, and I’ll forever be his prettyface.

<3

This is when we met for the first time.
    4/16/2010

This is our first goodbye. </3
    4/17/2010

Cute story!

Comment

Thanks. One of my friends said there should be a movie about us, haha. But I think any successful LDR is material for that.

Comment

Your guys' story is amazing. Makes me feel all mushy inside.

Comment

You're a very cute couple and reading your story makes me feel warm all over. I'm still smiling writing this post.

Comment

really cute story! and I loved the pictures! <3
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Awwh! This is so cute! Defintely gives me hope for my relationship

Comment

Hahaha...the title got to me.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Working...
                X