Success...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success...

...can be defined as many things, and while many would perhaps think that a whirlwind long-distance romance that resulted in a quick ending of distance, and marriage not long after would be success at best and foolhardy at worst I personally viewed it as the former. However, I waited--sometimes impatiently--for us to be a full success...

My husband and I have faced many obstacles, and while we kept our chin up, and maintained our happiness and love, there were moments when I wondered if we would be nomads instead of newlyweds. We have moved so much...He moved from WI to NC in June '09, I moved from WV to NC to be with him in January '10, we moved with his family to a new house in NC in May of '10, we moved to WV in October '10 to stay with my family until our apartment was ready, when the previous arrangement didn't work out so well and our apartment still remained unready we moved in with friends in November '10, then we learned our would-be landlady had no intention of providing us with a ready apartment and he received a wonderful job offer in WI so we moved New Years' Eve 2010. We stayed with his brother while I started my new job (received the offer from a temp agency the day before we moved) and we apartment hunted, and finally moved into our first place at the end of January 2011.

My husband loves his new job--it is several steps up from what he was doing previously--and I left the agency when I received an offer from a company that has great pay and benefits, so things have worked out for us job-wise, we are reconnecting with his old friends, and are loving our new town. I can hardly believe that it is over. That we have our own place, that we are getting settled, and that we no longer have to base our lives on the rules and whims of other people. We are so happy it's ridiculous. Of course new responsibilities come with an apartment, but they seem like a minor recompense for how much we have gained: A home.

I hope your new home is just that - a home. It's normal to move around a lot when you're younger, but you're right - that's no way to settle down. I'm so happy for you. Stability is something everyone deserves, and you gotta work hard to get there...and sometimes, it's so easily lost for people who don't secure it.

:3 Enjoy your new home.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I couldn't agree more I never thought I would be among those who move so much, mainly because I grew up in the same town. My family moved a few times, but always in the same town, and never very far or often. Aaron was always moving growing up since his dad was a pastor, and then he moved to NC when his dad joined the Army and was stationed at Ft. Bragg. I am so glad that we're able to plant some roots. It was rough always being a guest, and never knowing how long we were going to be in any one place.
      It was definitely a lot of hard work, but so worth it

Comment

Congrats! I'm glad everything worked out....
        Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

You did it

Comment

Thanks, Niecy & Tanja We did! And I am so glad that all our struggling and hardwork paid off.

Comment

Working...
            X