Wasn't looking for love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't looking for love

When I went to Costa Rica, I was planning on learning the language, making new friends, and traveling a lot. And I did. But I also found my tico! (Tico= what the Costa Ricans call themselves, ticos and ticas)

We met in the silliest way, it was the last night my friend was going to be in Costa Rica so we went out to go salsa dancing. I wasn't in the dancing mood, and kept rejecting all these guys. Finally I told myself "I'll dance with the next guy, no matter how old or ugly." The next guy to ask me was young, hot and my tico! We danced all night and when he tried to put the moves on me, I gave in. I had never kissed a tico before because it just felt so expected. But for whatever reason, this time was different.

We traded emails (I didn't have a phone) and went our separate ways. When he emailed me asking to go out again, I said sure. I figured it was a great way to practice my Spanish, plus I might get a little action on the side! We went out a couple times in Costa Rica, and then I had to go back home. He told me "te quiero" the last time I saw him. Which in Spanish, is one step down from "I love you".

Once I got home, we kept in touch via email and gmail chat. For one year we emailed and chatted. He called me once or twice, and it was great to hear his voice. But it was still nothing serious. Until I decided to go back to Costa Rica. No matter how much I was trying to convince myself that it was because I wanted to see my tica family, or be in that beautiful country again... I knew it was because I wanted to see my tico.

At this time my USA family didn't even know about him. I spent my entire week in CR with my tico and we had a fabulous time. We continued to chat and email once I got back to the States. We kept an open relationship even though by now we were saying "te amo", "I love you". We continued to see other people.

Being with other men was unsatisfying. After a few more months we decided we really only wanted each other. We finally started using skype-- AWESOME INVENTION! And made plans for him to come visit for Thanksgiving, and to move in in January or February.

His trip in November was great. We had such a good time and he loved my family so much, he decided to make the big move. We also finally made our relationship official. After almost 1.5 years of an open/iffy/friend-y relationship, we were finally loyal boyfriend and girlfriend. After a lot of set backs, he finally quit his job and bought a plane ticket to the USA.

February 14 he landed and we have been together every day since. Almost a month! (well I guess February is short.. anyways...) I love seeing him every day. We've been getting along great. We work really well as a CD couple.

After his tourist visa runs out here, we'll be moving back to Costa Rica together. Then I want to travel the world for 5ish years. He's coming with

Aww you guys are so cute I'm so happy that everything is working out and I wish you both the best!

Comment

Working...
    X