To Sell a House...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Sell a House...

As a real estate agent, let me just say how flipping frustrating it is to me when other agents don't do their damn job. Against my advice, he and his ex had listed their house with a crap realtor who had originally sold them the house. 3 months of sitting on the market with only 2 showings (I'm not surprised) and now it's time to find another agent. Now that we're actually in a relationship and I can say "hey ding dong, listen to me and do this!" he's fully on board with hiring an agent based on what I told him it takes to sell a house...

So today they interviewed the agent that I had recommended to him... And she was the FIRST agent to break down the "seller net sheet" to basically show them how much it will cost them to sell this house. $300k at 5% and she had never taken the time to realize that it was going to cost $15,000 just to hire an agent... really? So she (his ex) completely broke down and was like "where am I supposed to come up with the money to do this?!" when she's the one with all of the savings because they've split everything 50/50 even though she makes way more money than he does...

I guess it could be a good thing because she filed for divorce last week instead of filing a joint petition like his attorney had suggested. So if she isn't willing to re-list the house I'm really hopeful that he'll simply tell her he isn't going to continue to pay $1200/month (half the mortgage) for her to live in a house she refuses to sell... Could get him down here a bit sooner.

No point really. Just needed to rant.
Working...
X