This is finally happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is finally happening

Never thought I would be posting in this forum this year, tbh.

Quick recap, I met my SO online in February 2014, both of us bored and lonely kids (16/19) looking for distraction. We started talking online every single day in Oct/Nov 2014. I flew to India to meet him in February of 2017, and he came to the US in August 2017 to pursue his master's. We were about a six hour drive apart; we tried to visit about once a month as best we could with both of us studying and working part time. We got married in July of 2019 in a quick courthouse ceremony. After I graduated, I stayed where I was to start my career at a very reputable hospital, and he kept working at the university after graduation. This April, I left my job to become a contract worker, so I can work wherever I choose/get hired. A couple weeks ago, he was hired into a fully remote position.

We're currently out on the West coast, but this afternoon we're driving back to my place and next weekend (or at some point) we're driving to his place to bring all his stuff to my place. Then once we're ready, I'll take a contract and we'll be off again. So we're technically moving in together, although it's more of a moving on together. We want to buy a house of our own at some point, but I really don't know where to put down roots.

I always thought that we would have an "end date" and a countdown and a cut and dry moving in together end to this saga, but again life shows that it's never how you expect. I didn't expect to have an amazing opportunity to become a nomad and get to explore breathtaking places with my best friend and husband by my side. An "end date" is held as a necessity on this forum, but I disagree. We never had an end date. It was very necessary to put a end date to meeting in person to make sure we were compatible, but other than that, we were given an amazing benefit of being able to grow individually while also growing together. I'm not even close to the person I was at 16, and if we had rushed closing the distance, I might not have had as much flexibility to find out who I am at 24. I'm sure I have so much more changing to do, but we've had the experience of watching each other change, so I hope that will help us in the long term. The downside is we've had a lot of independence, and I'm sure it's going to be an adjustment to be around each other 24/7. I'm so looking forward to this next adventure, though!
    sigpic
Working...
X