Is my LDR over or is there still hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my LDR over or is there still hope?

Hello I am happy to be here. I have been in an ldr with an illegal immigrant from Guatemala for 1 year now. I really love him. I met him through some friends at a church I was attending last year at the time. I went on a few dates with this man before he had to go on a long work assignment and we decided to get married but wait. He was supposed to come back in last october to marry me.
    He seems like a great honest loving hardworking guy. However back in October his father had his first stroke at 91 and has had 3 more strokes since. His father may not live much longer.
    He has tried to come back 4 times since he left last may. However he is working less hours and sending most of his income to his dad back in Guatemala. He cannot afford to come back where I live. Back last may. he had money to settle down with me. However since his fathers recent illness, he doesnt have money to come see me anytime soon. There is no certainty when he will come back or marry me. He told me he loves me, wants to build us a house, and he misses me, yet he says his job responsibilities are preventing him from calling me often. Ever since his father fell ill he doesnt place me as much as a priority as he used to. I used to text him too much,
    but some recent events happened in my life and he would respond every two days. However I told him I am depressed and need help and wont be able to text him as much as I used to and need to take some time for myself to get some help. I said I love him I am not mad at him and I am here for him. Now he wont respond to my texts at all! This has been happening last since friday. I feel very worried and upset because his lack of response. What is going on? Is my ldr over or is there hope?
Working...
X