hi and help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi and help!

My name's Bianca and I'm so pleased to find a site like this! I've been in a LDR for 3 1/2 years because although he's English he works in Saudi. I'm Argentinian and I live and work here. So we see each other every 3 months when he's got a leave. He isn't divorced yet which means I'm not allowed to visit him in Saudi, because you need a visa to work there or we must be married according to the religion of that muslim country. So we meet in England or he comes to Argentina. The distance hasn't been easy but we manage thanks to our Ipods and the possibility of Face time (much better than skype) and whenever we can, in spite of the 6-hour difference, we have these video conferences. But what it's begun killing me lately is the lack of a deadline... I've been reading different sites about LDR and most of the pieces of advice include having a deadline to aim. He proposed to me the second time he was here. We immediately fell in love and knew THIS was meant to be and that we wanted to build a life together. But after 3 1/2 years he hasn't divorced yet. Two years ago when I found out he hadn't begun with the divorce procedures I felt very dissappointed. Then from time to time, we have discussions about it. Not long ago he told me he wanted his youngest son to leave the house before selling it as part of the divorce. I wished I had known that in advance, cause when he proposed I felt we'd be together very soon. Last year in June when we were in England and I had the hope of him talking and trying to reach to an agreement with his ex wife, as he hadn't do anything, when leaving I said I wanted to split as things weren't moving at all. Last december we had a similiar situation and he contacted a lawyer. But since then again, no improvement. And at this moment I'm extremely dissappointed and it hurts so much because I feel and know how much he loves me, and that he really wants a future together. In fact he's working abroad to save money for our future, for us to buy a house and settle. But what I just want at the moment, is him divorcing to allow me the chance of visiting him in Saudi as his wife and not waiting for 3 months for every meeting. This is something we planned ages ago as a first step while he's still there and I've got my job here. On the other hand, he complains of still paying for his ex house. So I don't really know what to do... moving on? I can't see myself without him because we love each other so much, and I know what a strong bond and connection we have but the dissappointment is killing me...
    Last edited by Bianca in the distance; February 18, 2013, 01:03 AM.
Working...
X