Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again + Scared Of New Things

Hi all!

I was on here a couple of years ago but kind of just floated away (life got busy, my relationship got a lot better, among other things), but I figured I'd start using this forum again as I'm starting a new chapter of my life and would love to give and receive all the great support on this forum.

Soooo ... My boyfriend/SO and I met in our undergrad about 2-3 years ago and we only spent a year together before he graduated! Now he's in Texas finishing up at PhD -- well, 2-3 more years of finishing -- and I just graduated. I'm not a US citizen so staying in the US is VERY difficult. Our own LDR was filled with some drama, as with all relationships, but we really fell into the groove of it and are very happy. I'm nervous about the new step in life, though

I was accepted into graduate school in the UK, a one year programme, and am beginning in September. I'm so scared of the even greater distance and the time difference. I'm scared of not being able to return to the US to be with him. I'm scared of not finding a job in the US and being further away from him for even longer.

Wow, I'm sorry if this is super depressing! I just came back from a week-long visit and am suffering from the aftershock/depression!

Thanks all!
Working...
X