Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 weeks in to a LDR

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and so glad I found it! A friend introduced me and my boyfriend. I live in MO and he lives in VA. The distance is 652 miles, which seems very close when compared to what some members have between them and their SO. We're only a 10 hour drive away from each other and he's planning to visit in... 25 days now That will be our first time actually meeting in person. Right now we Skype daily in between work schedules. We've already talked about if we can make this work for a year, I'll seriously consider moving out there. He has a wonderful job with really good advancement opportunities that he can't possibly turn away from. I have a great job, too, and while it would be hard to leave, I could find a job anywhere.

This is my first LDR ever and it's not horrible right now. Skype has afforded us the opportunity to get to know each other. He'll be here for a week, then I'll go there over Thanksgiving. The plan is tentatively every 2 months have a visit. We're both single and young. I'm 33, he's 34 and no kids, so the biggest obstacle for traveling is gas money!

I am worried about how tough it will get though. Our incomes don't allow the opportunity to jet set whenever we want. Visits will take planning and time off. Over the past 3 weeks, there have been nights when all I want to do is be close to him and him me, but our schedules barely allow for Skype time. I think "If it's this hard right now, how am I going to handle this after the first visit?"

I hope to find some good tips and advice and support on the forums.

Thanks for listening,

Pana (and Jake)
Working...
X