Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six-ish year old LDR!

Hello everyone!

I tried to recover my older account (I think I didn't log in there since 2016~2017) but couldn't remember the username or the password. So here am I again.
    I'm with the same person I was with last tithe me I posted on the forum.

To have it recorded on this account's history, we met in mid-December 2016. On an app similar to Telegram(?) maybe. Very popular in Korea. Called KakaoTalk.
    Back then the app launched a new feature of Open Chatrooms where strangers could enter a chatroom you created (group chat or 1:1) without needing to know your ID.

I made mine partly out of curiosity, partly because I was trying to distance myself from Facebook but mainly to stay in touch with my Korean Language skill that I started to lose because of how busy med school was.

He was the first one to enter and not leave the chatroom until I responded (timezones >_< ). I very clearly remember the first months when all our conversations didn't seem to end. Typing this rn I'm amazed that we still have those days when the conversation never really ends but just pauses (for work or sleep's sake).

Anyways, to not make this longer than it's supposed to be, I visited him in the summer of 2018. We've been slowly getting things ready to close the distance as soon as I graduate.

I graduated on the 2nd of this month (Nov 2022).

The plan is that he'll visit my country around Feb~Apr of 2023 and we'll get married then.

The longer-term plan is to move to Europe and get settled there.

Wish us luck!
Working...
X