I long for the day that goodbye is only a matter of hours instead of months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I long for the day that goodbye is only a matter of hours instead of months

I know everyone here can understand and empathize.
    S/O was just here for the past week. he left this morning he came here to try to relax a bit, as things have been so stressful lately. he works full time as a firefighter/paramedic, part time as a police officer, and he is working towards his masters as a Nurse practitioner. This qtr has been hard - a demanding courseload at school, problems with his ex wife (daughter issues as well as having to deal with tax problems she created several years ago that still arent resolved), and issues at work.
    i dont have wifi at the house, so he was having to leave the house to work on school work where he could find wifi. he is trying hard to help me get things done around the house (ugly divorce on my end with an ex that left the house in shambles), and then just trying to spend quality time together.
    he is only taking 1 class this summer - online statistics. This is the last class he can take before jumping in full time to the masters program (it sucks because he has 3 bachelors degrees that he got straight out of high school, but because they are more than 20 years old, he had to retake a bunch of classes). he has been accepted into a program in Ohio, and would finish in 9 months (would go to school 8-3 M-F, and work full time as well). But he wants to move down here after the summer qtr and do the program here (more prestigous school, better job opportunities). In order to do that, he has to be able to find a job. Only problem with that is Ohio is union, and they get paid 3-4 times as much for the same job as here and he will have child support payments to make.
    For us, it is a matter of when we will close the distance, not if. and knowing that the next 3-12 months are going to be hard with little time for each other.
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.
Working...
X