Back to long distance- Update since last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to long distance- Update since last year

So I used to come on this site a year ago when I was trying to cope with me and my SO being separated. I was in the UK and he was in the USA. In what I now see as an amazing stroke of luck, I managed to get an internship in the USA which would allow me to live with my SO for a year while he finished his Masters program. I stopped coming on LFAD because I was living a blissful life with my SO He graduated in May and came over to the UK to look for a job so we could live here together. He got offered his dream position....but it was a 6 month position in China. I quit my internship in the USA to come back to England because there was no point staying alone in the USA (I wasn't enjoying my internship by then anyway), and now we are separated more than before . It's harder this time round because he is starting a new job and a new exciting life, and I'm back to living at home and looking for jobs. So far it's been pretty soul destroying. It's not all bad though- a month ago my SO proposed so we plan to get married next year- It's made me feel so much more positive and given me something to plan We plan to get married next year- I can't wait until all this visa/immigration crap is over!!
Working...
X