Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO's in the Airforce and leaves again for 2 months :(

Hello friends,
    wow it has been quite awhile since the last time I logged in. Hopefully some of you remember me, and hopefully those whom I remember are still logged on and doing well. Anyway, I'll give a quick update: things with my SO are going well, I am in fact graduating this year with my first degree, and beat the odds and was accepted into the MOST competitive faculty in my city/province. Things were looking great, as I just purchased my first car - and plans were made to finally move in with my SO. As we live in the same city he lives about 35 minutes away from where I lived - so it was just inconvenient at best.

With this said, everything looked to be going as planned if not better. Until today, my SO has informed me that the military is sending him two provinces away to do some training for approximately 2 months (could be longer). This is because he has been accepted to have his University tuition paid for (while receiving his normal salary) - as he plans on becoming an engineer. This is good news, but as we were planning to move in etc. It definitely throws a wrench into things...The military really knows how to be a buzz kill!

Anyone going through something like this? Or have a SO in the military? I have been in a long distance relationship before, but I find this is more difficult, because many of the times there's no communication between my SO and I as the military prohibits it or I have no idea where he is or what he is doing as he cannot tell me. Well, I guess this is what we have signed up for right?
    .We've Closed the Distance.
    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,
Working...
X