Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossing the Atlanctic

I guess I'm just asking for opinions--or someone to share a story

So we met last May through a language site. I was learning Spanish and she was learning English. After having talked
    for over a year, first few months without webcam, I said I really wanted to go to Spain to visit her. Before I went we both
    considered each other more than friends, but at the same time no one wanted to be the one to blurt it out. I spend two amazing
    weeks with her and really got to know her and I left so sad, so attracted to her.

She had planned to go to Australia from July to September that same summer (2015). She's a student like me so she wanted to take advantage
    of her first summer off in a long time (she's 24 and I'm 21). I was working all summer and I barely got the two weeks off I did to go to Spain. Torn
    between work and her, I decided to spend a month in Australia, quitting my job, and it blew my trip to Spain out of the water. A month with the girl I liked became the girl I loved. An incredible trip in every aspect of the word.

Present day November 2015 it's been almost 3 months without seeing her but we still Skype weekly and talk daily through Whatsapp (amazing for long distance). We told each other we wouldn't be able to see each other again until this summer around July because of our university programs. That would be almost a year without seeing each other. Once again upset by such an obstacle the conversation came up about when we would see each other again. She said that she was contemplating hopping on a plane to see me in Canada for 2 weeks--anything to see each other again. I said you can't because she just got a job in her field and she's studying, and so am I. The idea of christmas holidays came up and I realized I was free from late December until the second week in January (I would skip the first week of university).

Long story short, she doesn't know if she'll be able to do it. We both said that there's no promises and that London is just an idea and nothing more. We said we would make a big effort to make it happen. What happens if it doesn't happen? Is it impossible not to come up with ideas like this? How will I deal with the disappointment after having built myself up because of the idea of being able to see her again for 2 weeks after what will be almost 5 months?

Any advice, common stories, or just comments would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X