Can't let go and can't hold on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't let go and can't hold on

So me and my ?girlfriend/ex? had a very difficult night 1 day ago.

She was always struggling a lot with the distance in our relationship and I think the distance broke her feelings. Last night she said to me that she can't go on and that she is not sure about her feelings toward me anymore, that she just feels empty. She told me she thinks it isn't about the distance. However, when I asked her, what if I were to go to you right now? (would need to get a visa, so would be in 1 week time), she replied that it would only work temporary and that later she would have the same problem again. To me it doesn't sound like her feelings towards me are fading. Especially since she said last week she wanted to be with me and loved me.

Other things that trouble me that she said are things like: "I'm not worth of you", "You should find a better girl", "I'm sorry I hurt you" etc. I asked her if she can tell me that she want's to break up, say the words "I want to break up with you", but she can't... Thus I'm still hoping... I told her I will still consider us in a relationship till she can say those words to me . Was it right for me to say that? Since she's struggling a lot too and I don't want to make her feel bad. I can't let her go so easily either though.

Something of note is that we're 7-8 years apart. I'm 25 (almost 26) and she 18 years old. We were struggling in the beginning of the relationship with this, but it didn't seem to be a problem anymore.

Anyone that has any advice?
Working...
X