Pre-meeting jitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-meeting jitters

If everything goes to plan I’ll be seeing my boyfriend around the end of next month, by that point it will have been eight months since we last saw each other. I’m starting to get very nervous and stressed, as due to everything going on we’re not quite sure how everything is gonna pan out, it’s proving much more difficult than when he visited last year. For starters, we’re desperately hoping to avoid hotel quarantine, in my country it’s mandatory for everyone coming in internationally, but you can avoid it by flying in from another part of the U.K., that’s what we’re hoping to do, as it is so expensive, and ten days is time we could be spending together instead, each day is so precious when you have limited time together. I don’t know though whether that loophole will remain open, I’m very worried they’ll close it all of a sudden, and since you have to pre book the hotel when you book your flights, I’m double worried they’ll change the law once he’s already booked them.

Then there’s the stress of where he’s going to fly in, usually he would fly in from London to my local airport, but because of lockdown they’re offering a very limited flight schedule and I would say it’s risky to book there in case of cancellations. Last year he had to fly into a city quite a few hours away from me, and was not ideal for us. So that’s another thing, we have no idea where he should fly into, and what the quarantine law will be in a few weeks time, it hasn’t changed thus far in the two months since it’s been introduced, but I’m a major worry guts who loses sleep over things like this, so I worry regardless. Then there’s the stuff I’d worry about even before all this, flight cancellations, mass delay times, it gets too much for me sometimes. Then of course, to go from being on your own for eight months, no intimacy or physical contact, to being with someone every day, it’s quite an adjustment for me. I’m overjoyed and so, so excited to see him, but I can’t enjoy those feelings because of the worrying and stress that I won’t see him, or something terrible will happen. It’s really draining me out, I struggle to sleep sometimes or think of much else. I’m so desperate to see him and having something come up that’ll ruin that for us, would just break my heart. We’ve already had to push the date back several times, and having to do that again would just be a disaster, with all the other things going on in my life it’s all I’m looking forward to, but so much is at stake. Times like this you wish you never even knew what an LDR was.

Aw Woweth, big hugs. I can really feel how stressed out you are atm. The uncertainty is a real killer isn’t it?

I don’t really have any advice other than to try to think as positively as you can. I know it’s hard when there is so much at stake.

Hopefully you will be in each other’s arms soon!!
    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
    -Charles Dickens

Comment

Aw thank you. I can only hope, but I guess we’ll see how the weeks progress. The nerves are a bummer but distraction is key I suppose. Thank you again for the kind words.

Comment

Working...
      X