How Can I Stop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Stop!

As I stated in my intro post, I have serious trust issues and insecurities. I own that. And I try not to project that on others. Obviously, you have to be cautious when meeting someone online, especially not in the same country as you, because there are so many scammers out there. So naturally, I have looked into my SO just to make sure things are on the up and up. I cannot even begin to tell you how often and how extensive I have looked into him. All of social media, email addresses, reverse image lookup... both on my own and through Social Catfish. I haven't found ANYTHING! Everything he has ever said to me has checked out. He is not claiming to be a prince or wealthy. Makes a regular salary... struggles like most of us. has regular people problems. His pictures are his. His name is real.

So why can't I stop looking into him? I get almost a feeling of disappointment when I don't find anything. Yet I am happy I haven't found anything because I do love him and want this to work... but I'm also trying to just get to the part where I find out he is lying, cheating, or fake... if that makes any sense. I know I need to stop this. I need to relax and start fully enjoying this relationship before I ruin it. I just don't know how. Any advice is appreciated.
Working...
X