Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR Advice

Hi everyone,

Im so glad to have come across this site, so i really would appreciate some advice from people who have been in the same situation..

I am a 42 yo male,and have a child from a previous relationship who lives with her mum in Europe. I currently have a job in the UK but get back to see my daughter every few weeks. I met my partner 6 years ago, and she has been in my daughters life since then, and we lived together for more than 4 years.. Last year, an opportunity came up for her to move to the US for work... we never really discussed the repercussions for her, nor the potential this would lead to stress on our relationship, as we thought we were soulmates, so we could deal with it... One year on, due to the pandemic, we havent seen each other. We speak every day, but obviously its not the same.. I am going to see her next month as soon as i can due to the restrictions, but we are both very nervous and apprehensive about it... I ask her if i am coming over so we can finish the relationship and she says it is not her intention. I just want to give her the biggest hug ever and discuss how we move forward... We tell each other we love each other, and at least from my end i still know she is the one i want to grow old with... I am now thinking of moving there, but i also have my daughter to think about, and i think this is why she doesnt want me to move as well (although maybe its something else!)..

I love my partner so much it hurts sometimes, and she tells me the same, but i just dont know what is for the best- is she teling me that coz its what she thinks i want to hear or does she mean it? She tells me there has been no one else, but she misses the physical side of a relationship and is worried she will do something she shouldnt (as do i!)...

Sorry for the long rant but any advice would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks...
Working...
X