This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to convince my parents to go visit my LDR girlfriend

Hey everyone so I needed help with something because I'm still new to things. So I met this girl from the North Center of Mexico thanks to a friend that I have known for 5 years. At first I had no trust because I don't really trust the internet at all to be honest but I got to know her and I really like this girl, never met her in person by the way. So I'm 20 as of now and she's 19 at the moment and we will be in LDR for 10 months in a couple of days. I tried going to visit her in December (we would be 5 months in ldr) and tried talking to my parents about it but to no surprise they said no. Then I asked reddit what I could do then they told me to wait longer because it's been a short amount of time together and that I should just wait for her to come here because Mexico is dangerous in which I understand, don't get me wrong but I'm also aware that I won't get kill or kidnapped by the cartel by just stepping a foot in the country. Like, there are thousands of people traveling to the country and they are fine, I'm just one and no, I'm not American, I'm Cuban but white skin you know. So that means as everyone knows, Hispanic parents are very strict and close minded. She also can't come yet because she has to renew her passport (in which she will soon) and then try to apply for a visa. Well, after all of that context, I had to kind of give up on going until and now I wanted to give it a go now that my parents have seen me talking to her for over 9 months (btw my mother has met her in video call so she could "trust her" a little bit), well it just happened that today I had them both in the house and I wanted to tell them that I wanted to go in July. Trying telling her that I have been talking to her as they know for almost 10 months and that I wish to visit and that I feel ready to go visit her. Well....guess then....they said no. I tried relieving every issue they had but still, I tried to be comprehensive and still after all of that, I failed. I feel that it's impossible at this point. My friend told me that I told them the nice way and that now I should just go in which I'm like...idk, but I feel like it's not the right thing to do because I understand they are worried, that they are the ones to bring me to life and all that but....idk. This is why I wanted feedback from you guys. What should I really do? Actually go? Wait for her? idk but I just don't want to give up with this girl. I know and made sure she didn't have bad intentions and that she really is a nice, lovely, that she really cares. She doesn't know about this because we both got upset in December and almost I gave up in the whole relationship for thinking that we had to meet right away. And so it's just her thinking about many ways of going like getting the visa, studying abroad, or go to another country in which we can see that her passports allows her. I would appreciate all the feedback.
Working...
X