Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranoid?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the LDR community as well as LDRs in general.

Here is some background info. My girlfriend and I met this past summer in Aspen, CO. I really wasn't looking for a relationship...but it found me.
    I am not a huge fan of long distance but something told me that I should go ahead and do this. After a few days she said that she wanted to do as well..
    to much of my surprise. I go to school in NYC and she goes to school in LA. I'm in my last year at school and she just started her first. Both big years for
    both of us.

Things have been going well..but recently things have been a little bumpy. We used to talk every day for a good chunk of time... ranging from 45 minutes
    to 2 hours. I really enjoy talking to her because we both just get along so well and we have similar outlooks on life. I actually made plans to fly out to LA
    for four days to see her. I was expecting her to sound really excited when I told her but when I did tell her, she didn't sound too ecstatic. She tells me that
    she is really looking forward to seeing me...but I don't hear it in her voice. She asks me if I trust her and I say yes..but she hasn't told me that she trusts me..
    which is a little unnerving for me. She hasn't told me that she loves me in about a week. Our goodbyes on the phone used to take a few minutes (which I really enjoy..for some odd reason) now she just says the plain old "bye" and that's it..when she used to say "I love you" yada yada all that good stuff.

I'm a very emotional guy. At times..I wish I wasn't. I do get jealous easily and I get attached and develop emotions quickly..which is something I shouldn't do. I told myself that I wasn't going to get attached quickly and wouldn't you know..it happened again. I'm building up an emotional barrier so I don't get hurt again...

I really don't want to lose her because she is the one thing that has been making me happy since my last break up (which ended HORRIBLY...). I have also been diagnosed with mono which has put me in a weird state at times. At one point this past week I convinced myself that she was getting bored with the relationship and it took a good talk with her to put my mind at rest. I could just be paranoid for no reason at all. Maybe just some re-assurance? Hopefully the visit will help a lot.

Boy..it feels good to write this all out.

Thanks everyone!
Working...
X