Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice for starting long distance relationship with marriage in mind.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice for starting long distance relationship with marriage in mind.

I am ready to settle down and through a good friend I was setup with another person from another country (china) and she's willing to come here to get married if we are compatible. Her family approves in terms of my background and they would like me to go to their country and they can host me there to meet me in person. I am a bit hesitant on going there, but I am not against her coming here… I am willing to pay hotel fees if she comes here. I think her side feels "unsafe" for her to come all the way to US by herself(her mom might come with)

I do worry her adapting to culture here especially language and potentially future job. But we both have starting a family in mind so the career might not be a big deal early on. I am not worried about her character/family background since the mutual friend knows her family for 20+ years, and her family's well off too, so there's 0 chance of catfishing.

I would not say this is "arranged marriage" but in between since it is through mutual friend and the starting point of relationship is marriage in mind so any considerations are around that.

I am curious if anyone who had experience can give some advice.
Working...
X