Military LDR birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military LDR birthday

Hi everyone! My boyfriend is a British soldier and I'm French. We met in England when I was an au pair and we are together since 7 months. Two days after we met I had already planned going back to Paris for Christmas so we spent 2 weeks video calling everyday. I knew his birthday was while I was in France so I got him a present and gave him when I went back to England. At the beginning he admitted that it would be hard for him us to be apart cuz he had been in a LDR before and it didn't work. When we agreed to be together we both knew I would have to go back to France at some point so we talked about it often. I eventually extend one month but had to go back to France. We video call often text and things were fine. We had a few arguments but nothing really serious. He met my sister and my family knows about him. His brother and sister in law know me cuz he lives with them when he is not staying on camp. About 2 weeks ago after postponing twice due to army changes his guard timetable and going on training and me getting a job I finally went to spend the weekend with him. My birthday was last week and the day before we were on the phone and he said something about my age so I assume he remembered but in fact he didn't. He started joking about it so I'm not sure if did remember and i didn't say much because I wanted to see if he was serious and what he was going to do. Next morning he sent me cute text wishing me happy birthday. We don't get each other much presents because i can't tell he doesn't feel comfortable because he is not used to receive or offer present and he told me not to get him anything so I can save my money.
    Last edited by Frenchie_Jay; September 2, 2018, 10:22 AM.
Working...
X