Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Navy LDR newbie

Good evening LFAD group,

I am in a loving relationship of 2.5 yrs with a gent of a guy who serves in the Royal Navy. We initially met on POF and hit it off from there. I had never been one for the whole "military, man-in-uniform cliché", never understood it - until one time I DID see him in his uniform... WOW. I live and work in civvies' street, as it were, we've been really lucky in that he's been on a shore based draft & in several training courses, meaning we got to see each other regularly.

But at the beginning of this month it has all changed. He has had to change to sea drafts - in the UK these can be up to 3 years on ship, with shore leave/ holiday in between. I'm not new to LDRs, but certainly to the military life and as such was hoping to ask for some advice / tips?
    • - can someone please explain -in idiot format- how to send items from online stores directly? I have his forces address already from him, but am confused at the process.
      - how do you cope with days of non-contact? Signal for a phone call can be shockingly poor!
      - getting around the "elephant in the room" of conversation blockers when he/ she cannot really tell you much what they have done with their day (because 007 style!)

I will no doubt have more questions in the future, but right now I wanted to just reach out to a group that I could talk to, share and start to learn about this new world of Military LDRs.
    Thank you
Working...
X