anyone familiar with Indiana state laws and moving out of state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone familiar with Indiana state laws and moving out of state

Waiting until October, bc my dad is going to help me get a great lawyer, and I'll finally be taking my ex husband to court for custody.

I know Indiana state law requires a written notice 90 days before you are allowed to move. In those 90 days, the other parent may contest and a court "battle" for custody will ensue. I know they decide on best interest of the kids.

I'm in Indiana, I want to move my kids and I to Pennsylvania to be with my bf. We want to eventually get married. Plan is for my kids and I to get our own place, for him to not move in with us right away, I really am thinking of my children here. What do I need to do to be allowed, or favored?

Their father and I were married almost 9 years, we had three sons, they're between the ages of 2-8. My ex has a police record, including battery against me. He is a terrible role model for my sons; as well as verbally, emotionally, mentally, and occasionally physically abusive. He also has a drinking problem.

What do I need to do? Any cut-throat lawyers you may be familiar with here in Indianapolis? Preferably north side? Thank you so much.
Working...
X