Anyone married to active duty military?? Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone married to active duty military?? Questions

My fiance and I have been engaged for a little over a month now, we're both still super excited about the whole ordeal and knowing our life together is getting closer and closer.

But here's the thing; he's in the AF, and he left for an overseas assignment just under two weeks ago. He will be there for two years. He's not deployed, just overseas. But anyway, it's occurred to us that that even when he's able to confirm leave for May (we're trying to have the wedding in May), there's still a chance that it could be postponed at any time. So this has me a bit nervous about putting deposits down, booking dates, etc, for fear of all the money that could be lost, and the added stress of some of the people we book with not being able to work with us. We're not looking to have a big wedding, it will be quite small which will make it a bit easier, I'm just nervous about the venue, reception site, cake, bouquet, etc.

I'm also in school, and will be taking summer classes to ensure I get my degree by the end of next year, so May is really our only option unless we wait until after I graduate, which would be fine but I would like to at least try for May.

So my question is for those who have been/are in a similar situation, what did you do?

Thank you in advance, I'm really in a pickle here
    Last edited by ushiwakafox; August 14, 2013, 02:44 PM.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Working...
X