Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gato y Momi (NOT Mommy) AKA DemonxOisin and her pet cat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gato y Momi (NOT Mommy) AKA DemonxOisin and her pet cat.

I want to start this off by saying that I am predestined to end up marrying a Mexican.

Firstly, because my dad has always adored the country, so obviously from a young age I was already being influenced. My closest friend was born and raised there, and her family has kind of unofficially adopted me as one of their own :P Another dear friend was also born there. And, to be perfectly honest with y´all, the only guys I have ever had any real interest in have been Mexican.

Anyways, my bestie, Jessica, knows this, and never EVER lets me live it down. Her and her mother, who are both into blond guys, think I have terrible taste! xD However, she did hold up on her end of the whole best friend thing by bringing me with her on a trip there in the summer of 2010. AND she didn´t even hold me back at ALL there! :´D Mexicans of the male variety, and some of the most amazing food I´ve ever tasted! I was absolutely, positively in heaven.

^Me and Jessie sitting on a pyramid in Teotihuacán. No biggie.

... Let me tell you, in regards to Niños and food, I have NO standards. I even tried grasshopper at one point. Good grief. And oh, the menfolk!

For the most part, we spent the trip with Jessie´s 2 cousins, Rodrigo y Alexa (both around our age). And through them, I met someone that changed my life.

^This being Jess and I, plus los dos primos, Alexa y Rodrigo.

On our second day with them, we decided to visit Six Flags, Mexico City. A Miguel was invited to this event. And god, the two guys were gorgeous. Miguel was in a relationship at the time, so I behaved myself with him. [Maybe not with Rodrigo, but that was a one time thing ] We had a great time that day though, and after that, we hung out many times! Playing fútbol (Not, in fact football, but soccer -.-), practicing Karate with their gym... We basically had a great time just hanging out as friends.

^Myself with the man of my dreams and Alexa at Six Flags, Mexico City. Note the bomb-diggity Spiderman fitted.

On the last day that we knew we would see each other, he invited me to his "leaving party". During this conversation, we realized that he has only said in Spanish that he would be moving to Canada in a weeks time for university! Derp! But what a moment. I was telling him that I would miss him a lot, when he brings this up. Well, hello there, suddenly-wide-open-door-of-opportunites. Even though he was moving to the other end of Canada, that was still closer in my mind than Mexico.

The night before I left Mexico, we added each other on msn, and started talking. For SIX hours. Damn. I will not lie to you, good people of LFAD. By then, I was smitten, and held on to the awful belief that he would end his relationship with his then-current girlfriend due to the distance. As bad as I feel about wishing it, he did. (Although, it was NOT because of me. He just didn´t believe in LDR´s at the time.)

Every single night, we talked. Until he got a cell phone. Coincidentally, the same one as me, with the same plan O.o And then the texting started. I will never forget reading my first phone bill... 6000 texts in one month. Thank god for unlimited texting! We had begun to act like a couple. And we were one of those couples that said I love you very early (starting as friends, eventually meaning more). Then, one night, I asked him to webcam. I´m a little anti-social, and I´m usually bad at holding up live conversations, but I just had a good feeling. And what a great thing. In fact, I tried to text Jess about how gorgeous and amazing he was. Sadly, I did that thing where you send a text to the person you´re talking about... O.O But, that was the beginning of our transition from friends to lovers. He made me look into his eyes through the cam, and told me he felt the same

^Our first conversation on webcam. Needless to say, his grin was the first thing I fell in love with. So Infectious!

Oh my god this is long, are yáll not bored yet?

Anyways, we kept playing around like this, knowing we liked each other, but not knowing how we stood, until one day in November. As I recall, it was the 8th his time, and the 9th my time. He couldn´t take it anymore, and asked me what the game was that we were playing. We both knew we needed to come to a decision. Knowing he was against the idea of LDR´s, I offered the idea of an open LDR, and we both agreed that we could work with that for now. (We have since changed to a closed LRD.)

TL;DR At this point, we are now "officially together", or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

We soon planned a meet up, and the week before Christmas, we were finally together in my hometown of Toronto. I think most of you who have finally got together with your SO know the feeling. It was wonderful. AND, my Euro dad gave him his slippers to wear. DUDE. HE GAVE HIM HIS SLIPPERS. Sadly, Miguel doesn´t quite understand what this represents, coming from a warm climate...

See Album HERE

Then in February, I went to him in KELOWNA

He is my Gato (cat in spanish, because he is purrs, miau´s, and growls in order to portray his mood) and I am his Momi (NOT Mommy, a childish way to say "sleep" in Spanish) Because it´s his favourite word, and he has started to address me as such -.-

Almost 11 months later, and we´re still going strong. We fight like any couple, and make up too. We´re both learning from one another, and we have accepted the fact that we want to spend the rest of our lives with each other, as we have spent a decent amount of time together now (as I spent the SUMMER of 2011 with him and his family).

Te amo mi vida. One day my Spanish will be half decent.

^Miguelin y yo en Naramata, BC, Verano de 2011

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Great story!! And I agree-- Latin men are HOT!

Comment

Haha what a lovely story! I hope everything goes well for you guys

Comment

This is such a cute story. How could you ask us if we got bored reading it?! Best of luck to you guys

Comment

super cute story wish u the best of luck!
          Between Texas & Canada - Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel, and it does!

Comment

awww cute story

Comment

Great story but I got confused with the names and the people of the photos. D:
              Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

Great story but I got confused with the names and the people of the photos. D:
                Sorry about that! ^^'''
                FIFY

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                \

Comment

awwwww! Lovely story! Best of luck!!!

Comment

Love it! what a great story

Comment

That's a great story

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

also i see u and ur SO have had converstions on msn that end up being just emoticons lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnyside193 View Post
                        also i see u and ur SO have had converstions on msn that end up being just emoticons lol
                        Is this a problem? LOL

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                        \

Comment

He sounds awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

That's so cute! Best of luck to you two!

sigpic

Comment

That was adorable And really well written. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X