No announcement yet.

Baby Names!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I have several names we want to use (we both love the idea of a somewhat big family)
    Names that we both have agree'd upon for girls are: "Lilly Ixie" & "Apple Ellie". "Lilly" and "Apple" have been names I've always wanted for girls, Idk I always thought they we're SUPER cute. As for the middle names, "Ixie" is my SO grandmother's name who he loved so of course I thought why not? I've met her and she is just the sweetest English women you could ever meet! "Ellie" was the name of one of my best friends in High School who died in a car accident when I was 17. After she died, I decided that no matter what I would keep her memory alive in anyway possible and using her name as my future child's middle name is just one of the many ways I can remember her.

For boys we want: "Zev Awesome" & "Mani Epipanio". "Zev" is word in Hebrew that translates to wolf. It's meant to be short for "Zerubible"... but we like "Zev" better. "Mani" is a mix of our first names! 'M" for "Matthew" and the "ani" part come from the "lani" in my name "Leilani". Now for the middle names! "Awesome" is from a little family tradition of mine. My oldest brother who has two sons gave his sons the middle names "Danger" and "Fearless". We will be using the name "Awesome" because is the next in line of legendary words and lastly "Epipanio" is my mom's father's name who died when she was 14. I never met him, but from everything I know about him, he was a very respected and remarkable man that me and my SO would like to honor.

Comment

For a girl we're really sure we want to name her Yinthe. That's a name I've always liked, and my SO loved it when I told him. For middle names we have a lot of options, Regina after our favourite singer, she is also just a great personality. We also think Zorah is a really cool name, (and his favourite game charackter is Tali'Zorah).
      For a boys, we have a lot of difficulty. He is always joking about how he wants his son's name to be Optimus, but I really don't like that, haha! I told him he could have an aquarium with a whole Roman army if he really wants to give something those names...
      Our dog is going to be Tristan and our cat Isolde, we've decided on that. For a boy I really like Matthew, or the Dutch version Matthijs, and he likes Roderick, which is pretty cool.
      So for a girl it will be easy, but we'll have to discuss about names for a boy!

Comment

I'd love a little boy in the future and I'd call him Seth, it's my favourite boy's name As for girl's names, I have no idea. Probably Crystal, I love that name. I also like Caitlyn but again I'm not sure.

Comment

We both really want a girl when that day comes and we both agree on the name Zoey. I like Zoey Grace. =)
          candi ❤ austin
          ღ5.11.2011ღ
          ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
          ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
          ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
          ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
          [/CENTER]

Comment

My mom told me I had give one of my son's the middle name Ignacio. That's my great grandfather's name, and he's sort of the pride of the family. And for the first time ever my SO and I talked for like 3 minutes about baby names a few weeks ago. He says he would want a boy to be named after him, since he was named after his father. No prob. I like my SO's name. Then we were making fun of it and saying that the kid's name would have to be Oscar Ignacio [his last name] [my last name] de la Santissima Trinidad de Pavas jajajaja! You know how Hispanics like long names Also, I used to really like the name Perla which means "Pearl" for a girl. Then I decided it's not really a human name and named my dog Perlita instead

And me, my mom named me after a girl she coached. She liked the name, and gave it to me. My middle name is "normal" just in case I wanted to change it. I like my weird name, though I would love to go to the country of origin just so people don't go "wuuuuuuuuuh??!!" when I tell them.

Comment

Speaking of first names strictly..even though a baby is definetly not in the near future yet.
              I adore these two names for a girl-Adelaide and Zailia (z-Ay-lee-uh).
              I haven't thought of any boy named yet, but I've always kind of liked Gabriel...
              Anywho, figured I'd get those names out of my head.
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

We haven't really talked about it to be honest, still kind of dipping our toes into even mentioning being married someday (both of us have bad histories, so we're taking it slow).

All I know is that if we have a boy, he's being named after my boyfriend, since he's named after his father. He wants to keep the tradition going, which I think is adorable. And, if we have a second boy, he'd be named John. (-_-) If anyone's watched Die Hard, you know Bruce Willis' character is named John McClane. My boyfriend's last name is the same, but different spelling. He thinks it would be awesome and I'm just like . I have ideas of girl names I would love, but I've never told him.

Unfortunately, the one girl name that I was obsessed with for years has now been taken by my best friend. :/ I feel like I shouldn't have told her about it before she got pregnant. Wahhhh. It was Sofia.

But, for girl first names I've since come to love:

Vivienne/Vivian/Vivien (spelling I'm not sure of yet)
                Evelyn/Evelynn
                Jaina (after Jaina Proudmoore...WoW reference!)
                Vera
                Genevieve
                Adele
                Harley Quinn (after, none other than, Harley Quinn from the Batman comics)
                Lola
                Kathleen
                Serena
                Zooey/Zoe

Middle names:

Marie (it's my middle name and I love itttt)
                Rose
                Grace
                Belle

I have a lot. Lol.
                Last edited by whatruckus; June 17, 2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I really really really want a girl just so i can call her Lilly. there's a sort of back story behind it but it's not anything spectacular exactly. basically i've always loved lilies and and the name Lilly. Lilly spelt like that because well, i'm not sure really it's just sort of different i guess? but anyway i love lilies and if i do have a daughter i want to make her a little patch quilt with little lily designs all over it and i just think that would be the cutest. it's just sort of become a thing now that when my SO and I talk about kids we always say baby Lilly.
                  Even though i want a girl, a little boy wouldn't be too bad. i used to be completely set on having a little girl but then i sort of thought about things rationally and decided that hey no matter what my kids sex is i'm gonna love them no matter what. for a boy my SO and I both love Cole. I'm not sure exactly why we both like it so much (It's the name of a chracter we both like in a book series so that could be it) but anyway, we both just love it a lot.
                  So after much discussion of what names sounded the cutest, we're planning on going for Lilly Rose for a girl and Cole Joshua for a boy :3
                  my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                  Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                  Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                  Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                  Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                  Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                  Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                  Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                  All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment