Tips for an LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for an LDR?

I'm in an LDR right now. I wanted to know if there's anything I need to look out for? Not in terms of safety and stuff, but I mean things like communication. Are there any red flags I should look out for to show that the LDR may not work? Any tips to make communication better? Some tips on how to be really patient would be great also.

First of all I wouldn't be looking for signs that may show your LDR won't work out... it'll leave you paranoid. In my opinion it's best to be 100% honest with your SO and have them be 100% honest with you- no exceptions. This way you will never have to question what they're telling you and you will get to know them better than you've ever known anyone, ever.

As for being patient, and waiting to meet or visit, the best thing most of us have learned from experience is KEEP BUSY! There's not really another secret to it. If you keep busy and keep doing things you enjoy, the time until you see your SO will go by so much faster and you'll be happier.

sigpic

Comment

I would say the biggest tip that kept us together was honesty. Be honest with each other and it'll keep your relationship strong. I know with time differences and getting busy with daily lives sometimes it's hard to make time to spend together. However, try to keep in touch everyday even if that means calling each other just for a few minutes to see what your partner is up to. We do small things like wake each other up for work. Tell each other where we are and what the plan is for the day. Trust me if you know what your partner is up to it'll make you feel like you are part of their life even with the distance. Try to think of activities to do together on a weekly basis. We like to watch a movie once a week or every other week. We also like to do online shopping together.

As for any red flags, I would say don't try to find any red flags. It'll drive you crazy trying to think if the relationship is working or not by looking for red flags. I would say rather concentrate on what is making the relationship work and go from there.

Sorry I don't know if this is helpful!

Comment

agree with everything said above,just wanna add-do not think too much! i mean when you start thinking and analyzing,you begin calling and texting 24/7 which may lead to troubles.so relax,enjoy you have your SO and look out how often you contact him.keep a balance between caring and annoying.good luck!

Comment

I want share some more tips for LDR.
          Establish the relationship rules and parameters.
          Communicate Every Single Day.
          Express Your Feelings.
          Send Care Packages.
          Spend Time Together While Apart.
          Never Make Assumptions.
          Trust One Another.
          Plan Regular Meetings.
          Share Passions.

Comment

Working...
          X