LDR tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR tips

My bf and I met a year ago in Asia where we both worked. He was assigned from Europe. We have been together for 8 months now and now he has to leave Asia to return to Europe for his work. It's been a month and I have problems getting a sponsor for work visa in Europe as I am not under EU nationality. Does anyone here knows what it takes to maintain a relationship with more than 8 hrs difference time zone? Help !

Hi there! My boyfriend lives exactly 8 hours ahead of me. Although I know it is most difficult if you both are working or in school full time and your schedules might align. If that is the case then you should take some time out to set some times that will work for both of you to talk, skype or whatever method you prefer. It's important to be able to communicate with each other enough when you are apart, and skype (or other video chatting programs) are great for this. If you can't work out enough time to talk, then you can work out making more videos for each other to send when you can so that the other person can watch it when they have time, or sending emails. You can send each other pictures of things you get up to as well. Write each other letters if you want and mail them off to each other. Look at the list on the main page for things for ldr couples to do (https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...uplestodo.html). Good luck and stay strong through this!!

Comment

my girlfriend is nine hours behind me, and one thing we've found works really well if you can manage it (in addition to what squeeker posted above), is to do both secondary time and primary time. especially around exam time it gets difficult to study and hand in assignments and see her, so sometimes we'll skype and do our own separate things, but we're still spending time together. it's obviously important to have time just for you guys where you're totally focused on each other, but for us at least, we don't always have to put our lives on hold in order to spend time together, or vice versa.

if you're in a position where you can text during work/school, but not that often, we also do a thing where when I'm at work but still want to talk, I'll text her that replies will be slow for a while. it might be an hour in between texts, but then neither of us feel that we've abandoned each other during the only time we have where we're both awake.

I wish you both the best of luck - stay strong, stay committed, and you can do it!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X