Birthday surprise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday surprise?

I've searched for a thread about it but havent found one with a similar situation as mine. So here it is.

My SO likes to know every date of our visits, so mostly he's the one who organizes them.
    BUT I want to make a surprise-visit for him, for his birthday. I still have months to organize it since it's in spring.
    Id have people to host me, that are also his friends, if I'll be there like one or two days before. And I can organize it with them (like hiding me or making him believe they're not home, etc.).
    But, how can I hide it from him? Last time we'll see each other will be in January, so he'll probably wants to organize one visit in spring. What if he decides to come here for his birthday?

Anyone who did surprise-visits before?
    Any advice from anyone?

You could just say your family are planning a get together that week of his birthday and you won't be around much as a little bit of a white lie so your surprise isn't ruined. Or you have too much school/work to be able to talk as much, but you'll "call" him on his birthday at a certain time when he is at home etc. Then when your planned call is, you can just knock on his front door and be like "I did say I was going to call you at home" or something similar.

Comment

I surprised my SO last year by showing up two days earlier than planned, maybe you could do something similar, and then he wont be suspicious/disappointed that you wont fit a visit in spring at all?
      When I did it, I basically told him I'll book for the 7th and showed up on the 5th instead, even sent him false booking references.
      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Originally posted by JaneEmily View Post
        Or you have too much school/work to be able to talk as much, but you'll "call" him on his birthday at a certain time when he is at home etc. Then when your planned call is, you can just knock on his front door and be like "I did say I was going to call you at home" or something similar.
        Love it

Originally posted by Alsfia View Post
        I surprised my SO last year by showing up two days earlier than planned, maybe you could do something similar, and then he wont be suspicious/disappointed that you wont fit a visit in spring at all?
        Yes I could do something like this too!

I could also tell him that in the week of his birthday Ill be with my school to a trip and I'll come the week after..

Comment

I just surprised my SO last week. I'm still with him in fact! We're usually the type to have visits planned months in advance, but this was a spontaneous trip on my part. I booked it about 2.5 weeks before I decided to surprise him. He knew I was just finishing summer school and that it was stressful. So when I mentioned that I was going on "vacation" for a couple days after I was done my exam, he didn't seem to catch on. I told him I was going to LA (Los Angeles), so technically I wasn't lying (he lives in LA - Louisiana). :P I made up fake plans and fake dates and all that to convince him. I actually ended up laying over at LAX, so I turned on my "location services" setting on Facebook and messaged him to make him believe further that I was in LA. I arranged it with his mom and sister before I booked the flight. His sister picked me up from the airport and we drove back to his place and I just walked into his room!
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
            I arranged it with his mom and sister before I booked the flight. His sister picked me up from the airport and we drove back to his place and I just walked into his room!
            Awww he must had been so happy
            Id love to see my SO face while Im at his door out of nowhere

Comment

If you come some days earlier, make sure you has someone to plan with who knows his scedule, so he is not busy that day. And make sure he likes surprises! If it was my SO, I know he would leave any shopping/cleaning/practical planning to the last two days - with a surprise visit I would end up coming to a dirty flat with an empty fridge as well as making the plane transfer unneccesarily tricky since he usually organizes that for me... He would go: "Sweeteee...why did you not tell me?"

But anyway, we have both done surprises for the other person's birthday:

The first time was on my first visit (my second time in the area/with him). He insisted on buying me wafers on the way, I was like, I don't care about the snacks but I let him buy them anyway. When we came into the house - which I had never been before - there was lots of people there, but I did not react to it, I didn't know who lived there anyway. But it turned out they were my birthday guests! They were the friends of SO's flatmates at the time, and they had bought cakes and stuff (the wafers was because I could not actually eat them since I am gluten intolerant. But they were very pretty!). There were lots of Turkish tapas-style dinner, too. I got a present which my boyfriend and my husband had planned together because it was like a carpet-picture of me based on a photo, to hang on the wall. It was a whole month before my birthday so I was really surprised

Another of my visits it was close to both Valentine's and his birthday. I brought a cake-mix from home as well as candles, I made him cupcakes that we lighted, one flatmate was there too. He got very exited about that. It was only later (due to some language misunderstandings) that I learned that a few days short of his last birthday his only sister had DIED, his family was in mourning and he had not celebrated his birthday on two years... and his family still did not do it when he went back home, he only wanted to celebrate with me. So that whole thing turned out to be a far bigger thing than I had planned. I mean, making cupcakes is not the biggest thing in the world, but he was really happy! I got him among other things the Paulo Coelho-book where my quote is taken from (he had also read it before, but he did not have the actual book) and apparently that was his reading of choice the whole way back to see his family.
              Last edited by differentcountries; August 22, 2014, 06:01 PM.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I surprised my SO, And showed UP at his office. He wasnt expecting me since i was there the weekend before, but he was having a rough week and was throwing a surprise retirement party for his mom and really wanted me there, so i arranged it with his sister. The oddest part was that he NEVER calls me during the workday, but because i hadnt been texting (because I was flying ), he got worried. When i landed to change planes he was ringing my phone off the hook....but i couldnt answer because he would hear that i was in a airport. He was VERY surprised when i walked in.

I would make the arrangement,s to go AND make arrangements for him to come see you the week after!
                sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
                X