I need advice fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice fast

My girlfriend of 10 months told me 2 days ago that she needs a break from everything. I asked her why and she told me that there are some issues she has with me. That's it. She tells me that she will tell me these issues after class, that never came. The next day(Today) comes along and she says that she will talk to me about them tomorrow. well right now its 8:06 PM and still no call. I just discovered that I am being forced into a break. It feels like she is refusing to tell me what's wrong. I got angry and kinda lashed out a bit. Called her out on it. Told her that I do not feel she isn't contributing towards our relationship. I probably just ruined my chances of getting back together. I just got so upset that she would put this on us without me knowing what I did to cause it. What do I have to reflect on?

Any advice would be nice.

Until she tells you what these issues are she has with you, there's not much you can do. The fact she's still not told you what these are yet is surprising. I don't think you can do much at this point. Hopefully she'll tell you soon.

Comment

Thank you for your response, She finally responded back. And confirmed one of my worst fears false. She still hasn't told me what these issues are, only that she needs a couple days to herself. And she deserves that after I lashed out at her. Hears hoping that everything will recover.

Comment

I know it's not easy in situations like these, but absolutely make sure you let her be, give her space and don't pester her. Keep busy, focus on things that calm you down - You'll have the chance to talk soon enough.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

At least she responded you.

Comment

Originally posted by posik View Post
            At least she responded you.
            This is true. That means that she does at least care about you. She would have just completely ignored you if she didn't. I hope she opens up to you about why she feels the way she does

Comment

I think it's extremely childish of her to tell you she has issues with you, and then be secretive and dramatic about telling you what they are. That doesn't sound like a mature relationship at all. If she can't talk about her problems with you, how are you supposed to work on them? It's unfair of her to leave you hanging in suspense until she finally will tell you. I think you had all the right to get upset over it. Hope she'll tell you soon so you can get past it.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                I think it's extremely childish of her to tell you she has issues with you, and then be secretive and dramatic about telling you what they are. That doesn't sound like a mature relationship at all. If she can't talk about her problems with you, how are you supposed to work on them? It's unfair of her to leave you hanging in suspense until she finally will tell you. I think you had all the right to get upset over it. Hope she'll tell you soon so you can get past it.
                ^^^^This 100 times over.

If she had said she needed some time because she wasn't sure this relationship was what she wanted and she really needed some space to make a decision, that's one thing. However, to say she has issues with you and won't immediately relay to you what they are to see if they are things that can be worked on is wrong. I have a feeling in the end it's going to actually have very little to actually do with you.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

The issues doesn't have to be something you can or should change.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Has she given you the reasons yet?

Comment

Not yet. She is working today and tomorrow, which means she won't want to talk at all these days. Plus her phone is expired at the moment. So I probably won't find out till either Monday or Tuesday. But it's been slightly easier to bear now. I'm starting to wonder if she even has issues with me in the first place. I am beginning to think she just wanted time to herself due to certain events going on. But we will see. I do not believe the relationship will end.

Comment

Working...
                      X