It's really happening!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really happening!

I've been waiting to finally post my exciting news about closing the distance! I love reading everyone else's stories and I finally get to share mine.

Our journey isn't the typical one. Over 2 years ago, we met on the dating site, OkCupid. We both lived in Ohio. We chatted for a month and then finally met up in person. I realized on that first date that I really wasn't quite mentally finished getting over my ex. It was my fault for trying the dating thing too fast again, and this caused me to not feel the feelings I needed to pursue a new relationship.

So we went our separate ways for a few months, until he contacted me again, asking if I wanted to go to dinner (as friends). I agreed and we ended up having a really great night. But I still didn't have any romantic feelings for him. We ended up playing tennis a few times that summer. We had discovered we both enjoyed the sport and had previously talk about playing before we met. But then in August of that year (2013), I moved to North Carolina for a job and had to say goodbye. Turns out, he thought I wouldn't be contacting him. But its one of the first things I did during my first week there. I enjoyed being his friend so much, and I was excited to tell him about my new life in North Carolina. Thus began a 9 month online friendship that started with long messages and gradually evolved into constant Facebook messaging all day. We became best friends, and I began to go on dates, and so did he. We shared our dating woes with each other and gave advice. He got me through some tough times and loneliness living in a new state alone.

Around February of 2014, I started to have a hint of feelings for him. We had such a deep connection that began to fuel a romantic attraction. Finally, in May of that year, I couldn't take it anymore, and I had to tell him. I was incredibly nervous, because I knew he had really had to force himself to push the feelings he once had for me aside. I wasn't sure they were still there for him or if I would even feel the same if I saw him in person again. But I nervously explained my thoughts and feelings to him and we agreed to test things out again in the summer when I visited my family.

We began to Skype nightly after that and became even closer. I arrived in Ohio for the week of the 4th of July, and things went perfectly. Perfect first real date and first kiss and all that sappy stuff We officially started dating on July 3rd, 2014. Since then, we've been dating long distance and finding ways to visit each other about every month.

Now, he will be moving here to North Carolina! Our current plans involve him moving 4th of July weekend, exactly one year after we started dating. I can't wait to get to see him every day and and finally get to enjoy life together. We both agree that the distance has really made our relationship stronger, because its forced us to focus on our emotional connection. I'm sure you all can agree. We really wouldn't change anything about our story.

I can't wait to finally close the distance and start a new chapter in our relationship!
    Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Oh congratulations! I am so happy for you both! Best wishes
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Congratulations
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's wonderful! Congratulations

Comment

Such a good story. So happy for you

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Such a sweet story, congrats.

Comment

Congratulations

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment