Skype to phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype to phone?

Has anyone subscribed to skype. I have finally got fed up with calling cards and decided to pay for a skype to phone subscription but I can only call people in the US on it. I just paid for a month to see how I get on and I wondered if anyone else had used it?
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

My husband once called me from the US to Austria using Skype, it definitely works, but it really expensive (afaik)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

It cost me £4.79 ($7.43) for unlimited US calls and I can pay £4.20 ($6.52) for a number so he can call me. That's per month. I'm thinking I probably will get a number so he can call me eventually but for now I am just going to leave it at I can call him as I am still saving for xmas flights.

Comment

We usually use Viber (the phone app) for calls.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I just use my data on my phone (or wifi) and I skip making any purchases with Skype. I don't use a ton of it as it is and my data rolls over to the following month.

Comment

I have brought it already to see how this month goes. But basically it's because my bf's data got throttled and it keeps cutting skype out which is very stressful for both of us. The quality isn't perfect but it's as good as the phone or regular skype anyway. My bf is in US and I am in England so I can't really just call him unfortunately. Calling cards are costing me more than a skype subscription would and he is moving soon and won't have the net for a while probably until the end of July, so I want a way to contact him. I'm finding it ok, although I'd rather use the phone and will change my phone company when I get back so I can do that (if it costs less).

Comment

I paid for skype for several years when I lived abroad, it was awesome. I called home all the time and it was super cheap when I did it and minutes were unlimited.

Comment

Skype monthly subscription has been my wallet saviour for the past 5 years and I had no major complaints.

Depending on your requirement, you can consider 60/120/400 mins or unlimited subscription. I will suggest trying "400mins" for one month - considering 10-15 talk time each day when your partner is not at home.

If you do not wish to track your usage regularly, you can opt for the unlimited option. However, more often than not, you will spend more time video conferencing at home.

The alternative is a combo of subscription + credit. I.e. 200 mins subscription + 20 USD credit. You can always use this credit to pay for your subscription. The advantage of having credit in the account is that you can always call your partner even if he is not in UK and the rates are much better than international rates.

One caveat: Track your credit card charges regularly. I have encountered occasions where I have disabled "auto-recharging" but Skype still charges me on a monthly basis. The best way is to put in some money and delete your card from Skype account. Best practice for any online services!

Comment

Working...
                X