Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are prototyping a wristband, that lets long distance couples touch each other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are prototyping a wristband, that lets long distance couples touch each other.

Hello Techies from lovingfromadistance,

we are an interdisciplinary team from the Technical University of Munich, working on a project that is aimed at connecting long distance couples via a wristband, using the sense of touch.
    If you are interested in testing or want to know, when we launch this, please have a look on our (very unfinished) landingpage. We cannot link ourselves here (first post) so please google "beclose wristband" to find us, if you are interested!

We would also love to have your input. Would you use something like this? If yes, how and how much would you pay?

Thank you so much!

(If, by any chance you are living in Munich and would like to test our prototype, please shoot us a message!)
    Last edited by BeClose; June 13, 2015, 09:04 AM.

What an amazing idea!!!!!

Comment

Do you have any pictures of what this looks like? The link on the site didn't work. Sounds like a cool idea.

Comment

Fantastic idea! I'm new to this site, but I see this post is about a year old now; How's the research going?
        Met Online: 1998
        Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
        SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Love this idea! Hope it works out!
          First Met Online: April 2016
          Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
          First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
          Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

The web page they posted about is a dead link. They also posted o Reddit and the user name is deleted, so I seriously doubt anyone is doing anything wit this.

Comment

Too bad, did anyone tried to use Apple Watch with their "Digital touch" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Freeman View Post
                Too bad, did anyone tried to use Apple Watch with their "Digital touch" ?
                No one I know including my fiancé have a Apple Watch

Comment

Have you tried sending heartbeat ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Freeman View Post
                    Have you tried sending heartbeat ?
                    It doesn't work as my fiancé has an android phone

Comment

I found this online, maybe this is what they were working on? Looks interesting but I'd want to test it first.
                      https://www.heybracelet.com/

Edit: I looked it up a little more, seems it's in a preordering stage and there have been a lot of delays.
                      Last edited by Chifuyu4; June 18, 2018, 12:23 AM.
                      Chifuyu

Comment

Working...
                      X