Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from newbie:-)

Hi all,
    Just registered now. Was looking for some support community, as I'm in a LDR too.
    We got married over a year ago (second marriage for both). We live in 2 different countries. After we got married I moved to live with her and her kids in her country, but after a year of job search there I found nothing, and had to come back to my country to work, coz obviously I couldn't go on like that without working.
    So now we're already almost 4 months on the line, she's coming here for visits, but still, its very hard for both of us, especially when the future is still unknown, and we still haven't figured out a solution for how to get back to live together again...

That's it. Would be happy to answer any questions and get some support, coz feeling very lonely at the moment.
    BTW, how can I upload a profile photo here?

Welcome to LFAD
    I'm married but currently trying to move to be with my husband. Also searching for work and hoping to close the distance.
    We are going to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary soon and then I return to my current home.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, and happy anniversary day ��
      So how are you coping with the distance and the loneliness?

Comment

We use google hangout everyday...text and phone.
        It is tough but we support each other. We save time on our day off for video "meal" and share the tough parts of our day.
        We also love laughing together. Planning the next visit helps too.

Comment

Yes, we do all those things as well. And also for us, as you said, planning the next visit helps alot.
          But still, there are moments of great loneliness feelings...

Comment

True but...those feeling disappear with his voice and a shared sense of belonging together. It is hard but totally worth it.

Comment

I´m a newbie too and is the very first time ever I join any forum and in my daily life I tried keeping private the details of my LDR specially the struggles cause people´s negativity and being skeptical is unnecesary burden for me, I´m already dealing with a lot and my own insecurities are enough. I´m 28 and he´s 36 and we met online 5 years ago and pretty much all scalated quickly and very intensely. We said the 3 magic words soon and soon we talked future, marriage and kids, met in person 8 months later when he came to visit me and I´ve never loved this way and given so much. The first uear was hard and he broke up with me many times, despite that he kinda regreted and things went back to normal within days and it´s been years since that and I believe we´ve grown so much as couple and definitely all has improved but at moments I have deep depression because of the circunstances and the doubts, despite I used to be a very positive and enthusiastic persom, my biggest fear is that after not just being unable to imagine life plus happiness on it without him, investing 5 years of deep and devoted love, awake dreaming and an entire future planning based on us, I loose him and it doesn´t work out at the end. I´d highly aprecciate advice ad support from people that probably understand what I´m going through, very much needed. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Lolita,
                So you're no longer together at the moment?

Comment

Welcome! There aren't many ways to avoid those lonely moments unfortunately, just get through them one at a time, you can do this.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We are together, just got 5 years 1 months since we met online, my post is with the intention of get support I guess since none of my friends could really understand what we´re going throught and probably you guys better than anybody else get it and also to hear advice on how to deal with those weak moments when you feel like giving up or just need an extra push to keep going on, I love him with all of me and want this to last forever, more than fear me giving up I fear I lose him in the process since it´s been a really long time and things haven´t concreted yet, thanks a lot for your reply

Comment

It sounds like you really loves him a lot. If he love you the same then I'm sure you'll make it work 😊

Comment

Welcome hope you enjoy your time here.

Comment

Working...
                        X