Hi (again) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi (again) :)

Hi. I'm Tinkerbelle. I was a member here years ago and in an international relationship. Unfortunately that relationship did not work out.

Since then I have dated a few men in my hometown but they haven't been serious or lasting longer than a few months.

Earlier this year I met a guy at my friend's wedding. We talked and dance together all night. The next day we met for lunch before he had to head home in Chester (near Liverpool).

Since then we went to dinner when he was passing through the area and I went up to Liverpool for an exhibition and ended up spending the weekend with him.

In the past I have struggled to get close to people and especially in relationships. With him things feel different. I am so comfortable with him. The chemistry is great and we have things in common.

Since he is a busy junior doctor and required to stay in Chester for at least the next two years we can't be together right now.

But the weekend we spent together we did discuss things and are kinda together. Taking things step by step. The "It's complicated" zone.

sorry for the long post. I guess what I would like to know is- should I pursue this almost non-existent relationship or should I let it go now and look for someone near me?
    "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm possible"- Audrey Hepburn

Welcome (1st time for new as I'm newer too).

Sadly, I don't think anyone can tell you whether or not the relationship is worth your time and effort, only you can. It's not easy, it's not fun. But you make light of the situation if you so choose.

My LDR started after my S/O had already left the country (to France from the US). We had something but neither one of us wanted to be in a LDR, took about 3 days to realize we needed to be together. If there's an undetermined amount of time before you close the distance that makes it worse, there's no end in sight necessarily.

Best advice I can offer is ya'll need to talk about it together and decide both as individuals and as a potential couple what you can make work and if it's worth trying.

Best of luck.

Comment

LDRs aren't for everyone. But if you and him really do want to go for it, then go for it! No one can make up your minds for you but you and him. Best thing I can say? Simple... good luck.

And on another note, welcome back.

Comment

Thanks very much Honour and rc86. I think at the moment we are taking things as they come. We chat by text every day as he is currently working lots of night shifts.I am going back up to see him in November. He did go away for a week last week and I realised I really missed him. So I think I'll try and make whatever we have work. I am kinda thinking that late next year I will move nearer to him as the cost of living is cheaper there and I am on minimum wage and struggle where I am now.

Comment

Hello and welcome!

I am also new here

Similar distance as I can see. Wish you lots of luck! I hope your new LDR will last for a long time.

Bart

PS. Also nice quote of Audrey, her movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" kinda connected me and my girlfriend.

Comment

Hi bartinkopl

welcome don't you think the distance is not that much but still so far away? I am glad though this time that he is in the same country as me. I hope so to.
            Good luck in your LDR

I am obsessed with Audrey. That quote is my motto really. How lovely that you are connected through Audrey. It's a great movie. I love Roman Holiday.

Tinkerbelle

Comment

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. It's so great that it's not 5000 miles or more but this "small distance" is also not so easy, it's still so far away. I am glad too, it's easy to express your feelings if you live in the same country, speak the same language...

That's the first movie we watched together and we weren't a couple at that time, she always says that she was "confused" (about us) at that time haha, I find it quite funny.

Thank you also!

Bart

Comment

Completely agree. Same time difference and country makes things easier. This time around I can visit more often but never for long enough

That is funny but can also understand. relationships can be confusing. Our first film was Peter Pan as we both love Disney and he has a large Disney classics collection

Comment

I always think about these people that are in LDR living thousands of miles apart, it's kinda uplifting. But... Right, never for long enough. For me this period of year is the hardest for visits, we can't wait till the new year starts (less school, stuff, and more holidays).

That's cute! It's the small things that you always remember, eh? I know that feel

Comment

Working...
                  X