Hello from Mexico!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Mexico!

Hi! I'm from Mexico and I'm glad I found this community! It gives me hope because I just started a LDR (two weeks ago), and despite I'm 100% compatible with my partner, I was afraid it wouldn't work because we've never met in person. It's really good reading your stories and knowing that we're not the first ones nor the last ones who found love on the net!

I guess I should briefly explain my situation or something, haha.
    I met him on fb because we had a few friends in common, being all of us members of a shoegaze fans fb group (then music lovers!). He sent me a friend request because he noticed we always answered the same thing in the polls, and he also liked my sense of humour.

A month after be became friends on fb I had an accident going to my university in my bike and had to wear a neck brace for a couple of weeks. I uploaded a pic wearing it and his reaction was really nice, he asked everyday how I was and since then we can't stop chatting, speaking, Skyping...it's as if we knew each other from another life!

We really enjoy spending time together: watching movies at the same time, listening to a prog rock radio show each week, speaking of ANY topic or even just looking at each other's eyes on Skype. After less than two months we admitted to be in love and he asked me if I would be his girlfriend. Also, a friend posted on fb that there was a job offer for english native speakers in Mexico, and my SO loved the idea of moving here! He didn't get the job, but anyway he plans to move here in February and get a job so he could stay here until next Xmas, when he wants to take me to visit England, meet his family and stay there during the holidays, then came back to Mexico so I can finish my degree studies. c:

And that's our story! haha. I hope I haven't bored you. x

Oh, and nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you too Welcome to LFAD community!

Comment

hello.. nice meeting you, girl Same as here.. Im excited for your first meeting... I bet that would be fun... and of course.. full of love.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Acabo de leer tu historia!! Increíble pensar que en tan poco tiempo el pueda ya estar aquí en México! Que padreeee! Espero leer más sobre ustedes pronto!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD ! And well nice to meet you . I hope you will have alot of fun on this forum

Comment

Hi! Thank you all! I've been too busy, I couldn't answer sooner. Our plans have changed since then. He'll come over in just 10 days to stay for a month and go with me to a few gigs. We're sooo excited!

Comment

Working...
              X