Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I overreacting about this? What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically not taking time off is the last straw instead of an actual issue. Was this the case where the guy was 21 yo and has a gaming addiction?

If he ignores you when he is at the house then you know you are not a priority in any way and it is time to call it quits. But if it is only the day off then then it's just a bit crappy.

Eventhough his work is propably not a forever career it is a good sign he wants to advance. If he feels like it may have an affect on his promotion then it's good to stay at work. Even if he wouldn't get it he doesn't feel like one event affected it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
      So basically not taking time off is the last straw instead of an actual issue. Was this the case where the guy was 21 yo and has a gaming addiction?

If he ignores you when he is at the house then you know you are not a priority in any way and it is time to call it quits. But if it is only the day off then then it's just a bit crappy.

Eventhough his work is propably not a forever career it is a good sign he wants to advance. If he feels like it may have an affect on his promotion then it's good to stay at work. Even if he wouldn't get it he doesn't feel like one event affected it.
      Yes!! Same dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
        OP has a thread where she mentioned he is gamer and basically ignored her when she visite for their first time meet up... i
        He is 21 and pretty much just works and games from what i read. There may be more then work as an issue with him.

That may have been my thread too but it was about something else. Now I have another issue

Comment

No, not taking time off isn't my issue. My issue is way more than not taking time off. I understand it to a point but also, he won't take that off, but he will take tomorrow off to get a haircut. It just doesn't make sense lol.

Comment

I wouldn't just leave someone because they wouldn't take a day off for me. That's just really a sad reason I leave someone and seems like I was fishing for any excuse to leave him. I don't wanna leave it I wanna spend my time with him, but if I go there and get ignored all the time we do have together then I'm going to reevaluate. I don't expect every second of his to be on me but most of it I would think would be on me seeing as we don't get much time together.

Comment

Wait, he said he couldn't take even one day off but is taking one off for a haircut now??
              What.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
                Wait, he said he couldn't take even one day off but is taking one off for a haircut now??
                What.
                Sounds strange to me. Something with priorities?
                Of course, @OP, there is only one who can make the decision... and that is you. If you feel like you're not a priotity (any more), and if he refuses to talk about it... then probably you are no priority (any more). Although, I agree with what is said earlier in this thread: it seems like you already made up your mind.
                If you ask me, the not-day off is only the last drop that makes you feel like this, if I am correct...

Good luck, be wise.
                Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Op you have mentioned how he doesn't make you a priority, and how he ignored you on your prior visit.
                  Can I ask if there are any reasons for you to stay in the relationship?

I was in a situation with my SO and making a list of pros and cons helped me to see a clearer picture of why I wanted to stay with him. Not the amount of pros and cons but how important they are to you.

Also you cannot expect him to change, just ask your self if you can accept this behavior in the long term.

Comment

I know how you feel about this,my boyfriend only has 1 day to spend with me,because of his work,technically he gets 2 days off but he wants to get back to his house early on the day before he has to get back to work,but I would say 1 day to spend with you wouldn't ruin your boyfriend's career or job,I would say to talk to him about this and tell him about how you feel about him not wanting to take a day off to spend time with you.

Comment

Originally posted by InLoveToHard View Post
                      No, not taking time off isn't my issue. My issue is way more than not taking time off. I understand it to a point but also, he won't take that off, but he will take tomorrow off to get a haircut. It just doesn't make sense lol.
                      While personal 'hygiene' is important. It is a poor excuse for not spending time with someone.

First Visit: September 2016
                      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                      John 4:12
                      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by InLoveToHard View Post
                        That may have been my thread too but it was about something else. Now I have another issue
                        What's the difference? Your other post, he pretty much dissed you and played games the whole time. This time he can take time off to get a haircut, yet cant take time off to get you to an airport.. that oils take just a smidgeon longer then a haircut.

If you are fine with this type of behavior and are good justifying and are just happy happy with him, then why are you posting about issues?? I'm not trying to sound mean, but spelling it out simply for you. He hasn't tried to make an effort is what it appears. Save your. Money and have him come visit this time....

Comment

Working...
                        X