terrible skype calls..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terrible skype calls..

does anyone else have problems with the connection of there calls on skype??? we both have new laptops and we both have good internet and our skype is always up to date but its still keeps on being shit and we can barely see each other or understand anything were both saying!

My SO and I hate Skype, haha. We've been using rabbit when we want to video chat. That has its own limitations, but at the very least, it has not been nearly as frustrating as our experience with Skype. I used Skype with my ex and had a lot of problems like you've described, but also partially because his internet was not that great. Either way, don't be afraid to try alternatives!
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I think everyone here will tell you their skype is a bit rubbish lol. For some reason skype is really really quiet at the start of the calls and we both have to speak directly into the microphone to be hear, which is kinda funny actually because we spend the first 5 minutes of a call with our heads against our laptops talking until it wants to work properly haha. Definitely agree on try alternatives. Facebook messenger has a video and audio chat which can work pretty well sometimes. It may not be super fancy but it works.
      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

When we used to Skype all the time, we only rarely had issues. Maybe it's because we are both in the US. It didn't matter if we were using latptops or if one was using their phone.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I've found that google hangouts works just as well, if not better, than Skype.
          So, here you are
          too foreign for home
          too foreign for here.
          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I gave up on Skype a long time ago...there's too many better options out there to waste time struggling to understand each other. Messenger works so much better, Hangouts too.
            sigpic

Comment

MeetMe seems to be the most reliable of any tool we've tried, but we've had good luck with FaceTime as well. We tend to avoid Skype for the reasons you mentioned.

Comment

Never had a skype issue either.. Like R & R said.. maybe its a US thing?

Comment

Yeah, I can definitely say that I've had Skype lag interference, but I want to say it's mainly on the other end for me. His internet connection gets whacked out when someone else is using it, but Skype can usually handle a lot at a time since we share our screens to watch videos.

Comment

I would definitely recommend using Discord, their video/voice chat features are miles better than Skype's

Comment

Working...
                    X