Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different pathways

Hey everyone !!

Me and my partner have been doing a LDR for nearly 1 year now which is running smoothly. When we first started he was just in a different city but still in the same country, roughly 5 hours apart. We would try see each other once a month and everything was great. However about 4 months ago he moved to England for work related purposes for roughly 6 months. We've managed to keep in touch and up to date with everything that is going on but now my brain is thinking too much and im getting stuck on a few things and need some advice.

Firstly im in my second to last year of University and it has always been my dream to go travelling for a good few years after. My partner said he could only travel with me for 6 months due to other issues. This has always been my dream and would really like to pursue it even if it means not seeing him for 2 years.

Problem 2 is that when he comes back to NZ he will have a job that requires him 5 days a week then also plays cricket on the weekends so he cant travel, where as im in university currently but i will require a summer job for the next year so this will rule out me travelling to see him too.

To some people this might be a minor case however my mind is running in overdrive coming up with all these conclusions and would like some advice on how to make it work. I love him dearly but is it better for both of us to end it because we are on different paths and don't want to ruin each others opportunities or are there tips out there to make it work.

Just because you're on different paths, doesn't mean you can't stay together, unless you can't handle long distance for an extended period of time. There's members on here that have been LD for quite awhile because it's just not the right time to move to each other (kids, work, school, anything). Ultimately, you have to decide if being in person with your SO is worth the wait. There will always be challenges to every relationship...it's up to you to decide which battle to fight. Does your SO have misgivings?
    Remember, life happens, things change. It doesn't always follow the script. Plus, your own priorities will change. Live in the present, have some idea where you're going, but let tomorrow take care of itself, imho. Stay happy!
    Last edited by autumn1790; July 31, 2017, 12:34 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X