Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared we won’t end well. Should we still date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared we won’t end well. Should we still date?

I’ve heard people say that when you love someone, you have to be prepared to let them go someday. This thought has been stuck in my head in all of my relationships. In hindsight, I think this is why it never worked out with my previous girlfriends. I tried going on a romance tour thinking I wasn’t compatible with any local girl in my hometown. Then, I met this girl from the tour and so far, we are doing okay.
    The problem though is that I’m worried that our relationship wouldn’t end well and I would end up heartbroken. It’s not that I’m being pessimistic about this it’s just that I always had this fear in my head since then. Should I continue dating my girlfriend even though I know I would have to let them go someday? A relationship is already hard as it is. I know long distance relationships would be even harder.
    I need legit advice on how to overcome my fear. What assurance do I have that things would be okay? Please help me.

Hello! And welcome to the forum, I'm also new here!

Seems like you're dealing with anxiety problem, have you tried you to know what's your attachment style? If not then you can check it online... The thing is, it's hard to maintain a relationship (especially romantic relationship), while you're actually having much to deal with yourself first. My suggestion, please continue to seek help, find a counselor or therapist... And start from there. Should you continue to date your girlfriend? Of course, don't make problem when it's not existing...

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X