Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He gave me a look like I was being an idiot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He gave me a look like I was being an idiot.

Funny story: the first time my man and I met, his younger brother introduced us. I met his brother, J, at a friend's party in college. A friend convinced me to talk to him because he had been looking at me all evening. We casually dated and he lived with his older brother. So the first time I went over there, he was sitting in that awful blue recliner watching Boy Meets World, and working on his homework. He said hi, and the proceeded to look at the two of us like we were being idiots. (In hindsight, we were.) J is 3 years younger than I am. My man is a year younger. I started going to church with him, because it was important to him.

After a few months of casually dating, J and I broke up. I continued to go to church, I loved it & quickly realized I needed to keep going for me. His dad & I exchanged many emails, and in December 2010 he asked me to look up a passage in the Bible. I finally admitted that I didn't have one. On December 16, 2010 my man (although I didn't know it at the time...) took me to Border's and helped me pick out my very first Bible. (His parents wanted to buy it for me, but they were about an hour from where we went to school, so they couldn't. They asked him to take me instead.) We left for our winter break shortly after that encounter-our first alone. Over the 3 weeks we were on winter break we exchanged over 4,000 text messages. (Thank goodness for unlimited messages!!)

He *finally* asked me if I wanted to hang out (after many hints...). We met up after a women's basketball game before the spring semester started and made a late dinner and watched Avatar. He asked me if I was busy the rest of the weekend, and I said no. He took me home about 2am with plans to pick me up in the morning to go downtown. We spent the day together downtown (including those pesky butterflies...) and I didn't get back to my apartment until late. We spent the last day before school started up again watching movies and just spending time together before the crazy set in.

He was in the Glee Club at school and the seniors get to perform two lavalieres ceremonies. One for their moms and one for the girl they intend to marry. He surprised me on February 25th with mine! I was absolutely sure then that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. We both graduated in May and I moved to Georgia for work. He followed me in August, then work asked me to move to Texas. So here we are, nearly 800 miles apart and in cities where we have no family or many friends. And right now, no hope for when we can close the distance.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Aww! Your story is so cute!!!

Comment

It may not be perfect, but it's my favorite love story ever.

Comment

That's adorable! Soo sweet

Comment

Hah! I found it! I love this story!
          And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
            And right now, no hope for when we can close the distance.
            This just kind of strikes a chord with me!

I do love your story as well too, so cute

My man is a year younger than me too, it's nice to hear there are other couples out there like us once in a while! People can be weird about it sometimes I have gotten some pretty odd reactions from friends when they find out my boyfriend is younger than me.

Comment

Originally posted by iakai View Post
              This just kind of strikes a chord with me!

I do love your story as well too, so cute

My man is a year younger than me too, it's nice to hear there are other couples out there like us once in a while! People can be weird about it sometimes I have gotten some pretty odd reactions from friends when they find out my boyfriend is younger than me.

Thank you.

Yea, my friends gave me a hard time about it when we started dating, and my family kind of did too. It's always interesting to see people's reactions when they hear for the first time that he's younger. A little frustrating when I know they want to comment on it but I'm grateful when they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                Thank you.

Yea, my friends gave me a hard time about it when we started dating, and my family kind of did too. It's always interesting to see people's reactions when they hear for the first time that he's younger. A little frustrating when I know they want to comment on it but I'm grateful when they don't.
                Same. I'm a year and a half older than he is, and my mother gave me the same look when I told her his age, and then did proceed to comment on it. :P Wasn't until after she met him that she told me she'd have never guessed he was only 19 had I not told her his age before she spoke to him. So I understand your frustration surrounding the stigma.

Your story is so cute, though! It made me smile.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After