I like you, I love you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like you, I love you

I used to be addicted to online forums, basically. I use the term 'addicted' lightly, here, because I really only spent so much time on them because I hated where I was at the time. During that time I got together with a guy (baaad relationship) but through the same RP (role play) forum I met him on, I met a nice, chipper man who loved cute things and was extremely literate.

He and I RP'd back and forth along with a whole group of other people, we didn't talk outside the RP, though he was extremely kind. I found out his name was Alex, but I hadn't told him my name yet. Eventually, though, that RP died and I made a different one. I didn't think anything of inviting him to it, but he saw that I'd made it and asked me how it was going. I invited him in and he joined that one as well, giving it a much needed burst of energy. Around that time I had fairly severe insomnia and so did he. So, at 3 in the morning when no one was up, we'd start PMing each other and talking about our problems and what we were afraid of happening and what was happening that we didn't want. We got to be very good friends.

He broke up with his then fiancee (she was cheating on him regularly), and I broke up with my first boyfriend only to get into another relationship that was more unhealthy than the first. At that point Alex told me he was leaving Gaia (the RP site) because of his ex (she was still on there and trying to talk to him all the time) so we added each other on MSN messenger, so instead of talking to each other every once in a while we started talking every night.

My boyfriend at the time abandoned me and I fell into yet a third unhealthy relationship, all the while talking to Alex. my boyfriend was never there, he never talked to me, and I talked to Alex every night. We broached every subject imaginable in getting to know each other, then he started sort of flirting with me. I dismissed it as nothing, but he kept on and eventually I asked him if he liked me. His response was, "...I don't know... I'll tell you when I figure that out."

A few days later at the start of our conversation he said, "I have something to tell you..." He seemed really nervous, but I told him to go on anyway. Then, he said, "I think I love you." I was quiet for a moment, then explained to him that I didn't want anything between us because I was already dating someone and Alex lives in Canada and I live in Texas and it'd just never work out. He seemed fine with it and we went back to just being friends. At this point I had feelings for him, but I refused to acknowledge them. After all, I was in a relationship with someone else.

That someone else lied to me. Several times. About several things. I broke up with him. Alex was there to comfort me.

About two months later, I finally confessed to Alex my attraction to him. We had a big long talk about why it wouldn't work and agreed to simply stay a little more than friends (meaning we could cuddle and kiss if we wanted, but nothing more). Then we did a video call. We hadn't done one before together, and we started it at 11PM my time. ...It ended at 5AM. ^^; During the call we talked about almost everything all over again. ...And we decided we liked each other too much to just stay friends.

Throughout the summer of '09 we talked about our past relationships, tried to work through the trauma, etc, and in August he asked me to be his girlfriend. We tried to make meeting times, but I would have to go visit him as he wouldn't be able to come down here. I got my passport, but failed at staying with the job I had (DQ, not fun). I quit the job and we talked about all the stuff that we wanted to do but couldn't. We got discouraged, we had arguments, almost broke up, didn't break up, had conversations about how it would never work out so why was it working, etc. ^^;

In February of '10 I finally got another job and the prospect of me actually going up there to see him scared him enough that he said, "I want to be with you but let's not be official." That hurt, but I understood where he was coming from. So we became unofficial again and I saved up and got tickets to go see him.

On May 29th I flew up and saw him and this is the account of our first meeting as I posted on my blog here:

"We experienced some turbulence as we got over Edmonton because it was starting to snow ^^; the couple beside me was annoyed because they'd wanted it to be warmer, but I expressed my excitement anyway. However, the turbulence did not last long and the landing was fairly smooth. I gathered my things (I only brought two carry on bags) and exited the plane. As I made my way through the airport my heart was pounding and it really just felt like a dream. I called Alex to let him know I had arrived but the call quality was poor so he didn't understand what was said. It didn't matter, though, because we were about to see each other.

Every time I'd imagined meeting him I'd imagined a much bigger waiting area with bright lights and crowds of people because that's how I remember exits at airports being. However, when I walked out the insides of Edmonton International were earth tones and very warm. It felt automatic (and as if I just knew where he was) to turn my head to the left and see him sitting in the waiting area. It sent a jolt through me and I started shaking as I made my way toward him and he stood up, hands clasped in front of him, this tentative smile on his face.

I went in for a hug, as I couldn't really think from the excitement and nervousness and electricity (metaphoric) running through my being, but he'd gone in for a kiss. By the time I realized this his lips were on my cheek and I blushed brightly. We hugged for a moment, though, then pulled back and I almost couldn't look at him from embarrassment. ^^; But he seemed so happy and he led me over to the Tim Horton's (he knew I hadn't eaten in several hours) and ordered a maple donut and a peach drink for himself and I got a chicken wrap and a bottle of water. We sat down and he laughed as I pulled a tomato out of the wrap, asking me if I hated them. I told him I didn't but I wasn't sure about them. He grinned and offered me the rest of the Ice Cap he'd bought while waiting for me. It was strange, but at the same time made me smile so I drank the rest of it (there was barely any there) then ate the chicken wrap, offering some to him. He took a few bites as well and we just kind of talked, general conversation, joking around. He offered me some of his peach drink, telling me I would like it, so I took a sip and agreed it was quite good.

Once I'd finished my food we threw away the containers and headed for the doors. I had to wear my jacket because I was getting a little chilly (it was freezing, literally, outside) and he wanted to wait outside for the shuttle to come and pick us up to take us back to the hotel. So we went outside and were standing there, asked a few shuttles but they weren't ours, and then he noticed I was shivering. He grinned and asked if I was cold, I told him I was and scooted closer, he suggested we go back inside, so I readily agreed and we went back inside to stand in front of this wall of windows to look for our shuttle.

For a while neither of us said anything, we just stood close to each other and looked out the window. Well, I was giving him many side glances and he was doing the same to me. I looked down, deciding I was too embarrassed to continue and suddenly I felt his arms sliding around my waist. Heat rose in my cheeks as he pulled my body back against his, kissed the top of my head, then whispered, "Mine," in my ear. For a moment I was frozen and didn't know what to do, then I turned around to look at him and he smiled and let go, sighting our shuttle. He led me to it and we got inside, telling the driver which hotel we needed to go to.

In the shuttle we sat on the same bench and somewhat close to each other. He ran a finger along the top of my hand and I turned my hand upside down so that we could interlock fingers. In a matter of maybe 5 minutes we were at the hotel, though, and we got out, went to our room, and set my bags down. I unzipped my jacket and commented on the fact that he left the TV on. He laughed and asked if I had a problem with that, to which I replied I didn't. I just thought it was funny. As I took off my jacket I apologized for missing his earlier kiss and he smirked and approached me.

"Well, we could always make up for it now," he said. I told him I'd like to try and he wound his arms around my waist, pulling my hips to his. He told me to close my eyes, which I did, and our lips found each other. I pulled back first, as I wasn't sure what to expect. When I opened my eyes he was smiling at me and he said, "Mmm, I think we need more practice." So we kissed again, this time longer. We broke the kiss and we were both breathless.

This led to things I can't post here, but suffice it to say we almost became intimate, but I got scared so we backed out.

After that we just cuddled in bed and whispered to each other, sometimes kissing, sometimes not. All of those feelings and hormones eventually made me nauseous, though, and he helped me to the bathroom where I lay on the ground and he lay beside me and we talked and he stayed with me until I got over it and then he helped me up and we got back into bed and cuddled until we fell asleep ^^"

In the next post I'll give the rest. ^^

The rest of the week was awesome. His family loved me (apparently) and constantly ask him when I'm headed back out to see him again ^^; and his friends don't think I'm too bad, either. We didn't do much in the amazing sense, mainly just watched a bunch of movies, played some video games, went to see a couple parks around the area, cuddled a lot, and then, at the end of the week, went to Edmonton and stayed at West Edmonton Mall.

Honestly, most of the time we spent together we didn't do anything 'special' we just...spent time together same as we would if we lived in the same place. Well, not 'same as we would' because we were together almost every moment. I mean, we slept in the same bed, etc, which will probably not happen a lot other than visits. But I think it was memorable enough to just be together, rather than try to do somethign 'special.'

When I left at the end of that week it took him three times trying to send me through security for me to finally go. ^^; He'd walk me to the line, tell me 'goodbye' and I'd start going through, then I'd run back to him and hug him and kiss him and he'd kiss me back and hold me close and we'd say goodbye and he set me again, lol. I was crying the whole time. Eventually, the last time I came back he grabbed me and pulled me close and gave me a long kiss and then said, "Go, you crazy Texan, or you'll never get back home." heh, I couldn't help but do as he said. ^^;

So I left, looking back every once in a while to see him. He was standing, just watching, hands in his pockets. He waved and walked away when I got through the scanner, though. And a security guard came up and told me she was going to have to pat me down and ask me a few questions. ^^; I think she was mainly concerned because I was crying. ^^; she asked me what was wrong and I said, "I...I have to go home...to go to work...and I don't wanna leave." She asked why and I said, "My heart just left with that guy." lol She nodded understandingly and said, "Gotcha. Well, I hope you get to come back soon, then" and sent me through.

The flights home were horrible because he was all I could think about. ^^;

A few weeks later we were on video and he was really tired and needed to go to sleep because he had work the next morning so every once in a while I'd be like, "Alex, you need to go to sleep" and he kept staying up to talk to me (which I loved) and, finally, when we'd finished talking and it was around 2AM, I told him he was sweet and kind and he said, "No, I"m a horrible vicious person who stayed up just to satisfy his own desires when his girlfriend kept saying we need to go to bed." And he'd called me his girlfriend before and not meant it so I really didn't think anything of it and I rolled my eyes and laughed and told him it was okay.

He said, "No, I think you missed the important part of that statement." >w<

So our anniversary is officially June 28th. ^^ Since then we've been going up and down on communication rates (mainly because he's been so busy), but we're going to plan our next visit within September, provided I get enough money to buy a ticket. ^^; I'm going up there for at least part of December and he's supposed to come down here to visit my family and friends afterward. We may get an entire month of visit time. That's what I'm hoping, at least.

But he's the only man I can see myself with, longterm, and he's the only person who's ever been there enough for me to consider having a family with him. ^^; We talked about that last night... and he said he'd be blessed to just have me. >w< So I think it'll all work out. ^^

Thanks for reading~ sorry it was so long. ^^

Comment

I love your story, especially the bit when you were waiting for the shuttle and he whispered "Mine" in your ear, it's so sweet and romantic I could cry! ♥
      Just AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with Tanja!! So adorable!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing....so sweet and I love how you write...felt like I was there!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

everything the others said *__*

Comment

thats very sweet!! next visit he'll see you in Texas right?

Comment

actually, next visit I'll be going back up there. ^^; but then he'll (hopefully) be coming back with me for a visit.

Comment

oh thats cool!!! poor guy may melt when he visits you in Texas lol

Comment

Awwwh! That's so adorable!
                    Great story =)
                    This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

it was like reading a book. wonderfully descriptive and romantic. i laughed so hard when i read the "mine" part because my bf says "mines" to me

Comment

Working...
                      X