Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does age matters? for me, its a no. Ill answer those replies. :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does age matters? for me, its a no. Ill answer those replies. :)

I am from Philippines, and I met my bf online thru facebook. He is from Philadelphia, PA. I am 17 years old while he is 51 when I met him. I dont know but it didn't matter to me, there's no pressure in our relationship. as the time passes by, I fell inlove with him. We are 8,622 miles apart. I do love him more than anything. I can't wait to be with him. He's planning to visit me but he doesn't tell me when. He told me he'll just pop-up and surprise me. I am blessed to have this man. I admit I am madly inlove with him.

Okay I usually don't have any problems with age difference, but 17 and 51? have you seen this man face-to-face? on Skype?

Comment

Originally posted by Hun View Post
      I am from Philippines, and I met my bf online thru facebook. He is from Philadelphia, PA. I am 17 years old while he is 51 when I met him. I dont know but it didn't matter to me, there's no pressure in our relationship. as the time passes by, I fell inlove with him. We are 8,622 miles apart. I do love him more than anything. I can't wait to be with him. He's planning to visit me but he doesn't tell me when. He told me he'll just pop-up and surprise me. I am blessed to have this man. I admit I am madly inlove with him.
      I feel like you might be a troll but in case you're not: Uh no. Please don't pursue this. You're underage and this man is way too creepy. Age matters a great big deal in your situation - this is not right at all. And him just popping up to surprise you - this is what predators do! Never ever let this happen. Don't let him groom you any more, stop sharing any personal information and move away from him for your own safety. This could end very very badly for you.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Does age matter? Generally speaking, no, but when it comes to dating a minor it does. You are 17, he is 51, this is wrong. You are not even an adult yet.
        I completely agree with Malaga.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
          I feel like you might be a troll but in case you're not: Uh no. Please don't pursue this. You're underage and this man is way too creepy. Age matters a great big deal in your situation - this is not right at all. And him just popping up to surprise you - this is what predators do! Never ever let this happen. Don't let him groom you any more, stop sharing any personal information and move away from him for your own safety. This could end very very badly for you.
          Originally posted by snow View Post
          Does age matter? Generally speaking, no, but when it comes to dating a minor it does. You are 17, he is 51, this is wrong. You are not even an adult yet.
          I completely agree with Malaga.
          What these ladies said.

I do actually think that age matters quite a lot. People are different and stuff, but in general people are in a different places mentally at 17, 30 or 50.
          A 50 year old guy pursuing an underage girl is creepy as hell.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

When I saw the title, I was like "Nah! My SO and I are 8 years difference and that's ok." But when I saw your ages, I couldn't disagree more. Actually, it's kind of creepy that a 51 year old man would even have a "relationship" with a 17 year old. My SO in younger than I but I would've never pursued a relationship with her if she was 17 because that's wrong...and I'm not even 51.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

At your age, age matters. My SO is 3.5 years older. At 21, that's not a big deal. At 17, that could be. I couldn't do an 8 year difference like Mims because that person would more likely be in a different life stage. That's what is really about to me, life stages. You are 17, you are in school, not independent, not super experienced. I'm 22, not looking to get married or have kids right away. The big problem here is why this 51 year old would be interested in such a young girl. He should be looking for more age appropriate girls. You are setting yourself up to be in a bad situation. He may be appropriate with you now, but might not in person.

Comment

Has this old man explained to you that what he's doing is illegal in the state of Pennsylvania, and that what he's doing with you, a child, makes him both a sex offender and a pedophile? You better be very careful not to post any info about him that I can use, because I WILL turn him into my local, Philly area, authorities. You are a teenager, what the hell are you doing with some creepy old guy? You know why he'll just "show up" and not tell you when he's coming? It's because, in case you're really law enforcement trolling the internet for pedophiles like him, he won't get busted by revealing his plans. He knows he's a sick dude, but he also knows that because you're a kid, you don't know that.

I know you won't listen to a word I'm saying, but I sincerely hope he gets caught before doing any damage to you. Good luck.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi, you are a little young. By the time the two of you meet, I guess you will be 18 or over, and in my country it would be perfectly fine to have sex with an adult even a year younger than you, but for the time being you are still not an adult. Dont allow anybody to just pop up for the first visit, together you can plan for it to happen. Do you have your own money? If not, that might be challenging even when you are an adult.

He is not a pedofile (those crave prepubertal children) and he hardly even goes for teenagers since you are almost an adult. Still, at a young age you are at risk, so be aware.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                    Hi, you are a little young. By the time the two of you meet, I guess you will be 18 or over, and in my country it would be perfectly fine to have sex with an adult even a year younger than you, but for the time being you are still not an adult. Dont allow anybody to just pop up for the first visit, together you can plan for it to happen. Do you have your own money? If not, that might be challenging even when you are an adult.

He is not a pedofile (those crave prepubertal children) and he hardly even goes for teenagers since you are almost an adult. Still, at a young age you are at risk, so be aware.
                    Oh. My. Fucking. God. are you kidding me? Who cares about your country, neither are residents there, he IS a resident of my country and my state, of which I understand the laws, unlike you. He most certainly is a pedophile, he's trolling the internet for under-aged southeast Asian girls, he's be just as happy with a 14 year old. What the hell is wrong with you, to think this relationship is OK? I'm so tired of your terrible, anti-woman advice to people, you aren't nearly as intelligent and clever as you think, and though I've kept my mouth mostly shut until now, you are ridiculous. You'd REALLY condone a relationship with a minor child and a 51 year old pervert? What if it were your daughter? Jesus Christ.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Even if it was permissible by the law, ANY 51 year old man stunted enough to find a 17 year old attractive as a romantic partner... that's a disgusting human being. The life experience difference between the two ages is mind-boggling. Whether this is a troll post or not, trying to justify preying upon children, because that's what EVERY 17 year old is, is really gross. Sorry.

ETA: My little sister is 17. She's smart, motivated and has a pretty great grasp on how the world works. If a 51 year old man showed up unexpected for a "date", I'd be reaching for both a phone to call the cops and a knife to castrate him. Simple as that..
                      Last edited by CanadianGirl; May 28, 2014, 11:51 AM.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I agree with moon and canadiangirl. Proceed with this relationship with extreme caution. I honestly feel you should end it. If you are doing anything sexual on webcam with him, then he is committing a crime; in Pennsylvania it would be "corruption of a minor."

There is a reason old men search for underage girls in poor developing countries like the Philippines and it is not good.
                        Read my LDR story!
                        Facebook
                        Instagram

Comment

When I was 15-16 I dated an adult, as did some of my friends, sometimes the age difference was not so slight still that did not seem strange. At our boarding school a man in his 30 's dated, and later married, someone at our then age. However, the leap to 50 is big. I have been mutually attracted to 50 year olds in my early 20 's and still felt the life experience came between us, in that age mattered.

If my future 17 year old daughter (pressumably as stubborn as me) want to date someone my then age, I would be sceptical, yet would invite him to dinner to avoid any kind of Romeo and Juliet response.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

As far as I know that is normal in the Philippines, to marry a much older foreigner that is, as normal as divorce being illegal...

Age used to matter to me, I would refuse to date anyone less than 10 years older than myself, set my limit to 15, dated one 16 and another 17 years older and then I realized age doesn't matter, ended up married to a man one year younger than me.

@Hun, please understand culturally in most places that is an unacceptable age difference so don't take the harsher replies to heart. Just be careful because there are many men out there ready to take advantage of a young girl, if things get serious and are thinking of marriage make sure you are on the same page when it comes to children.

PS. if you are doing it for a visa or financial reasons I don't judge but be honest with him, it wouldn't be fair if he is a good guy at this point of his life, is not like he can start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post

@Hun, please understand culturally in most places that is an unacceptable age difference so don't take the harsher replies to heart. Just be careful because there are many men out there ready to take advantage of a young girl, if things get serious and are thinking of marriage make sure you are on the same page when it comes to children.
                              This isn't just a cultural difference, it is also a crime punishable in the state of Pennsylvania.
                              Read my LDR story!
                              Facebook
                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X