Ash Clouds - the enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ash Clouds - the enemy

So my boyfriend is scheduled to leave Ireland for home tomorrow.
    BUT his flight was canceled due to ash clouds.
    He's supposed to go home for 2 weeks, for his sister's wedding, and then come here to see me, before we drive across the country together. I really want him to get home, I know how together and happy it makes him to be there.
    I am dying here. I can't believe that he's stuck in Ireland, because I just want him to get home so he can be happy. We haven't been able to actually talk for 2 weeks, because this past week he was travelling around Ireland, finishing off his study abroad program, and without internet. The week before, he was working on a monstrous 35-45 page paper, and had no time for me, except for to send me things to edit (something I really enjoyed, because I was able to see what he's been working on all this time he's been away).

He's been in the program for this whole semester, and I haven't physically seen him since February. We've been going out a year and 8 months now.

I guess I just need some support from fellow Long Distance-ers at this point. My friends don't seem to care that I'm missing him or understand, they just want me to quit my belly-aching. I knew it would be hard when I got into it, but these two weeks have been the worst, and my support has been minimal...

Heya! I know the feeling. I was pretty much in the same predicament some weeks ago when i went to visit my bf , started to worry i wouldnt be able to get home (Ireland). Not because i actually WANTED to, but because i had exams so i needed to Eventually, everything turned out alright and i hope that ll be the same for you too. I checked out the irish news website which seems to ahve some info that may be useful to you.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0509/travel.html

Goodluck and best wishes!!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X