Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On our way, and waiting...but not much longer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our way, and waiting...but not much longer!

Hi everyone! As some of you may or may not remember, my fiance and I have been in the process of obtaining for him a K-1 visa for an alien fiance, so he can come here and we can get married and live together in the US! We submitted our petition way back in June, and it took forever it seemed, but it was finally approved on the 6th of this month! Now, approval is certainly not the end of the journey, but it is the longest a couple has to wait. The process goes like this: the petitioner (in this case, me) submits the application and all supplemental documents required, as well as a filing fee to USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). Then USCIS sends a Notice of Action that they received the documents. Then, you wait, and you wait, and you wait a little longer. Sometimes, the USCIS sends an RFE (request for further evidence) if you accidentally missed a question on a form, a vital document, or they simply want more proof of your relationship (I should note you have to have met in person within 2 years of applying). Well, we were lucky, and we got no RFE! We were waiting over 6 months to be approved, so when it finally happened we were so ecstatic! After approval, the case is sent to the National Visa Center, which is part of Homeland Security, for background checks on the petitioner (me) and the beneficiary (my fiance). Well, it takes 2 to 6 weeks for most people to pass these checks, but we got lucky and I found out today that we already passed the background checks, and our case is now being sent to the US Embassy in Moscow! That should take around 2 weeks give or take some days, and then when they receive it, he can schedule an interview with a consulate officer at the US Embassy, which is where the final decision to issue him a K-1 visa to come here will take place. 2 hurdles jumped, 2 more to go!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Visas are no fun but it seems like you can see the light at the end of your tunnel. What great news

Comment

Congrats! Best of luck with the last bit of the process!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Thats awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!! I hope you both get it!
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
          X