Page 19 of my passport...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page 19 of my passport...

...makes me so happy! I got my UK youth mobility visa today, snazzy hologram included. Flights are already booked; I set off on the 12th! Hooray!!! I'm going to live where I've always wanted to live. I'm going to fight over whether it's better to buy butter or margarine with Dan in the middle of Tesco's. On Saturdays, I'll watch Doctor Who on television. I'll do yoga at our gym, work on my courses, go job hunting. At night, I'll fall asleep next to one of my favourite people in the whole world.

OMG. Congratulations! You get to watch Doctor Who on Saturdays? Jealous!!!

Hehe but really, very very happy for you, glad to hear that things are working out well for you ^.^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Comment

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I'm very happy for you.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations!! So exciting!!

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! That is so exciting!! Please keep us posted on your adventures.

Comment

Ahhh I'm so happy for you! I'm going to admit, here and now, that I've been a huge creeper and basically followed all of your relationship story...it's absolutely adorable. You're living in England, right? I'm just so happy for you, especially after all that shit you went through with your ex. Slainte to finding the right man!

When you said Tesco, I got the most incredible nostalgia. My boyfriend is from Ireland, and we've gone shopping at Tesco before. They literally have everything! (And, for the record, Kerrymaid Butter, if it's available, is THE best butter you'll ever have. Just saying. The Tesco Light Margarine isn't half bad either. :P)

Creeperness aside, I'm so happy for you! Congrats to the start of the rest of your life!
              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

wow! congrats!
                "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
                  Ahhh I'm so happy for you! I'm going to admit, here and now, that I've been a huge creeper and basically followed all of your relationship story...it's absolutely adorable. You're living in England, right? I'm just so happy for you, especially after all that shit you went through with your ex. Slainte to finding the right man!

When you said Tesco, I got the most incredible nostalgia. My boyfriend is from Ireland, and we've gone shopping at Tesco before. They literally have everything! (And, for the record, Kerrymaid Butter, if it's available, is THE best butter you'll ever have. Just saying. The Tesco Light Margarine isn't half bad either. :P)

Creeperness aside, I'm so happy for you! Congrats to the start of the rest of your life!
                  Haha, you're awesome. Don't worry about the creeperness, I read through a lot of people's stories too, and they have no idea . It's always interesting to see how people end up together!

I've made a note on the butter. My boyfriend has a crush on Tesco's - he tells me all about their amazing deals every week.

Anyways, thanks for introducing yourself, and all your nice words.

Thanks everybody! Can't wait! It's coming up so quickly...

Comment

No prob. How're plans going? I'm actually going to Ireland this summer, so I'll be working my way around Tesco as well once again. We should compare deals! And you're so sweet--I really hope everything's going grand for you.
                    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Nice! Have you been to Ireland before? Where will you be? Dublin?

I went to Ireland back in '02. I've been to 6 more countries since then and I still think the west coast of Ireland is the most beautiful place I've been to! I actually teared up when standing on the windy Cliffs of Moher -- like I was in some overly dramatic Victorian novel or something -- have you been there? If not, you should, definitely, definitely go! There was the most stereotypical Irish man standing next to me at the time (flat cap, veiny red nose, and thick thick accent) and he said "It's God's little piece of heaven for us".

I've actually never been to Tesco's, but I'm well acquainted with their store, as my boyfriend likes to show me their website so I can see all the fantastic 2 for 1 deals. "Look Diana, 2 pasta sauces for the price of one! Tesco's is so amazing! I'm definitely getting this!" It's adorable to see how happy he gets over stuff like that.

Plans are going well. Just need to get a haircut, cancel my cellphone, pack, say goodbye to a couple of friends, and do a test and small assignment for school. It's pretty manageable given that I still have a week. And it just so happened that the train to Toronto (it's hundreds of dollars less to fly out of there instead of where I am) was having a seat sale this week, so I got my ticket for 44 dollars instead of the usual 108! Very happy!

Comment

Working...
                      X